Chapter 19 - Death? | "Young married couple."

Chapter 19 | Aisha POV

Just a day before I'm discharge, we named our kids; Alisha Azzahra and Aliyha (Aliyya) Azzahra. I have been very much obsessed with the names, and I somehow feel privilege for being able to name my kids and see them, after risky operation.

"Aisha..."Mahmood glances down at me. "I love you."It still feel odd, everytime he says that. Although it has been the millionth time, or to what I've dramaticised.

"My privilege to love you back."I mumble, loud enough for him to hear me. He smiles. "Your options in name are really great."I smile.

"Thanks."I say. In reply, he nods his head while tapping on the steering-wheel. I somehow remember death. It just, magically appears in my head.

"Would you stay if I die though?"I question, causing him to hit the break suddenly.

"Are you trying to make a debate now? You just gave the best gift on our, I don't know, a year anniversary? Don't even start a serious subject. I'm not losing my dignity just to cry in front of you."I roll my eyes.

"I'd seen you cried many times. And everyone's gonna die. Including me, Mahmood."Trust me, Mahmood is neither romantic, nor is he rough.

"I know that. But I'm trying to say, in a very polite way, not too melodramatic way, that I, as your husband, will obviously stay, as the pledge that we've made on the very first night of our marriage. Always, remember?"I nod my head. I honestly don't believe that he still remembers that promise. I thought he was joking about that cheesy, cliché promise. But now I know he wasn't.

"Just, don't talk about it, yet."Yet, I think. And I know the time will come, Allah. I'm afraid to leave Alisha and Aliyha behind, but I just have these, weird, obnoxious thoughts about my death. Precisely, my funeral. I want to know if people will actually attend my funeral, and most importantly, pray for me. I want to know if they will remember me as the protagonist character in their lives or not?

"I'm advising you here, in the very sweetest way. You shouldn't think about it. Especially that you are sick, Aish. Your condition is unstable. You can't be depressed."I wonder why he is being all 'so mature' and 'caring'. Not that he doesn't care of me, usually. But it just make me curious where he got these 'lovely' words.

"You're diving into the cheesy and cliché thingy, please stop. This is not some Romeo and Juliet drama, based on modern society."I tease.

"I don't even know about cliché. I don't even know the story of Romeo and Juliet. One fact about me is that, I once scored an egg in a test about literature."I shake my head, exhaling. This boy is just, too much to handle. He's very much peculiar. I can't say

"Did you fried the egg, or you made an omelette? You really were such a badass, weren't you?"I tease. He raises a brow.

"Never knew that my niqabi wifey knows these insults words."He emphasizes the words. I laugh.

"Look who we're kidding. Huh? I'm a niqabi, doesn't mean that I'm terrible at insults. Just a reminder. Beware."I stick out my tongue.

"Your a mother, and I'm the father."Like I don't know that? He pauses.

"What we do will be a part of what our kids will also d-Gosh! I just realised that I haven't turned the stove off!"I panic as he say the word stove.

"Ahh! Mahmood!"I yell, running towards the kitchen and shut it off. Thank goodness it hasn't blow up.

"Thank goodness!"He wipes his forehead, as if to say 'fewh'.

"Drama-king."I tease. He scratches his chin, probably thinking of a way to how to avenge on me. But the babies have start to make the best out of us.

...

Some months after that day, we, as in our whole family, along with Mahmood's family and mines, we decided to go to a park just near the house. More known as 'Marah Land.'

The place is nothing special, it just makes me feel free when I'm there. It's really exquisite and breath-taking to see greens everywhere, with beautiful flowers. This country has been full of desert and I'm really bored to see deseerts, sand dunes again and again.

Now that we're having a picnic, Mahmood and I can't keep taking shots of the babies, as they're so chubby now and have grown totally beautiful.

"Now now, baby and the mommy!"I laugh but smile at the camera. The result is immediately out, since it's a polaroid camera.

"Awh, Khadija. See the young married couple. They're better than us before. We should take pictures with Mahmood again, Isa."Ummi Humayra points out to Ummi and Isa, my Abbi-in-law.

I laugh at my parents-in-law. I hope that someday it will be I and Mahmood in their place. Seeing them laugh and talk while totally being free now that their childrens have successfully earned the lives of muslims.

"Hush! What are ya thinkin' bout'?"Mahmood snaps, with this thick british accent. I almost can't figure out his...strange words.

"Nothing specific. Just...distant future."He swipes his forehead, just like doing the drama-queen things.

"Puh-lease wifey! Just live your life to the moment, okay? You'll miss loads of loads of stuffs if you don't focus on what's in front of you!"He's basically trying to persuade me to focus in front of me, which is actually a packet of cadbury chocolates, and lollipops. Have I mention that there are heaps of Maltesers too?

"You just made my wouth water. You know that I'm like a huge fan of chocolates."He slaps his forehead.

"I mean, what's in front of you as in your present. Oh Lord!"He's meany and melodramatic nowadays. Never know that kids can make someone become a psychotic. I haven't told him to do the diapers, yet. If I would, he'd puke though. But seriously, it's his kids. Maybe he should try to change their diapers someday. Yeah, as well as clean them. Very much agreed!

(Salaam! I know that this chapter is nothing important. Just a filler chapter,, because I can't find any idea right now lol. Although I have one planned out already *smirks evilly. Ahoy! I love these couple. I'm sorry, I just fangirl over my own character because dayumm. Mahmood is so handsome, astaghfirullah xD I mean Zayn Malik lol. He should be illegal, i think :'3 Anyway, hows you people been doing? I miss loads of people here. Exams are ruining my social life GAH! XD Soooo~ Have a nice day, May Allah bless you all. P.S HAVE YOU READ THE FAULT IN OUR STARS BY JOHN GREEN? sorry for caps ehm, some mechanism problem, hehe :'D ONE MORE THING: Dis is dedicated to @Longtime13 (Is the username correct tho?) I hope you're not with beard right now, because of my late update lulzzza xD So yeah. She's a great supporter, and.. she is just so great :D<3 Salaaaaaaaaamm!!!!!~)