Chapter 13 - Aneesa | What do you want?

Chapter | 13 | Aisha | POV

Days after days, my bump grows bigger and heavier. I sometimes feel the urge to puke, and it hurts my throat, sometimes...

I can feel that my baby is getting older and just some few months later, I would be absolutely happy to greet this kid with warmness. Two months later, this house won't be as silent as it is today. And I will be more than pleased to love her/him with my whole heart. To have a kid raise in the mother's own arms is the dream of each and every women in this universe. Especially to see them until they get the love of their life, Masha Allah...It's a one in a million years opportunity.

Today's plan is on going to Aneesa's house to hangout for a while, since Mahmood will be out for the whole evening. Not sure if he will come home at night, or continue his shift until morning. But I hope he will come home at night.

"Is there any girl in your.. you know, workplace?"I question at Mahmood, while his gaze is focus on the street. He glances at me as if to say 'Are you jealous?'

"I mean like, you work in making scripts for films, and books, right? So, I just want to know if they're searching for a new employee because I would like to be one."I reply. Really, it's so boring at home. I've try to keep myself busy at all times where Mahmood is working, but I just can't stop myself from getting bored.

His hands goes up to my head to stroke it and smiles. "First of all, you don't need to go to work and stuffs like that. Second, I don't make scripts, habibti. I check the scripts that the people make, and I would basically stamp on the script whether it's suitable to be publish, or not."I nod my head in understandment.

"But it's so boring at home, Mahmood!"I moan childishly. He laughs at me like he use to do.

"You can make yourself busy. Maybe, make a story, or draw. I've seen your works about short stories and drawings. I can say that you suit to be an author."I gape at him. Did he just said that he checked my work, as in my Secret-est book?

"Don't tell me you read my stories and checked my drawings along with the meaning behind the drawings."He grins.

"Peace! I did though."He rises both of his finger to show the sign peace. I huff at him, replying with, "It's fine..."

"How will you go home though? I can't pick you."I roll my eyes at his most dumb question.

"Geez. Calm down. There's taxi, bus or Aneesa can also drive me home, since she's gotten her license a week ago."His mouth forms an O and I nod my head, gazing at the house that we stop at. Hmm...it's been like forever since I last visited this house.

"In Sha Allah I will call you if there's something wrong. Have a nice day, Ma'asalama! Assalamu'alaikum."I crawl out and wave bye at him, before he replies my Salam and drive away. I push the rope of my bag up to my shoulder and walk towards the house. I can smell the blueberry pie from here.

Ting Tong

I press the bell, while saying, "Assalamu'alaikum!"

"Wa'alikumsalam."I hear someone reply and the door's quickly open widely. "Aneesa!"I exclaimed, practically hugging her to death. Oops, mood change.

"Oh Gosh, Aisha. How's the baby? What's its gender? Ya Allah, I'm gonna be aunty!"I cover her mouth with my hand to prevent her blabbering.

"Yeah, the baby's fine Alhamdulillah. I haven't check to the doctor yet about its gender."I reply calmly and pull my hand back.

"Huft, Aisha.. You should check for it! Your due date is in two months later! You should prepare for the room, craddle, clothes and so on! Don't you love your baby?!"She practically yells at my ears. I roll my eyes at the girl for blabbering a lot.

"Of course I love this baby! What type of a mother who hates her own baby? Calm, it's two months anyway. Mahmood has already prepared everything, don't worry missy!"I pinch her cheeks. She hates it when people do that, and that's the reason why I did.

"Okay okay.. Come on in! Ma has made tons of blueberry pie and it's all for you!"I smile at the thought of Aneesa's mom baking their family's blueberry pie recipe just for me. Aneesa's mom is an expert when it comes to baking and cooking. But not a single bit of her baking and cooking talent is in Aneesa. Unlike her mom, Aneesa is very professional in poetry and drawing. I remember the times in primary class when she used to make me some friendship poems along with a cartoon drawing of the both of us. I miss those moments.

"Salam Ma!"I exclaim while entering the kitchen. Aneesa's mom is like my second mom. I definitely love her, but not as much as I love my heroin, Ummi.

"Wa'alikumsalam. How are you Aish? Sit down, I'll bring on the pies."She grins happily. I can't feel so happy than I am right now with everything I have.

"So, any news about the gender? I'm so excited. I wish Aneesa is married and can give me a grandkid. I'll be so more than happy. Unlike you, Sha, Aneesa is so bull-headed about marriage. I don't know what to do to this girl. She says that she doesn't want to get married. Isn't it so bad of her?"Aneesa's mom starts on a lecture.

"Go on Ma... I told you that I didn't mean in the negative way. I mean that, I wanna wait for the perfect guy not. My prince!"Aneesa cheer at the word 'My prince'. I just shake my head at these two people. These types of scenes aren't foregin to me because they always do that. And when I was still single, Ummi always lecture me about these marriage stuffs. But now I realise, everything she said was right, absolutely!

Mahmood | POV

I can tell that Aisha is really excited for our baby, so am I. But what she doesn't know is, her life might be, or might be not in trouble. Just as I'm thinking to tell her about what happened, my phone buzzes.

"Salam?"I say in to the phone.

"Hello again, brother."A deep chuckle goes on the line.

"Hello? Who are you?"A feeling of worry flash through my body as I remember the words that the man said before. "Protect your family, before I have them all."

"Don't be such a chicken Mahmood. You know what I want. Your responsibility! You threw me away!"By this time, the voice has change into the voice of a woman.

"What do you want? What responsibility do I have?"I tug on my hair as a distraction to release my emotion.

"You clearly know what I want. You threw me away, left me and made me felt so worthless. But you know that you can never run away from me. Be ready for a new exciting adventure to hell, honey-"The line cuts off. Goosebumps form all over my body, giving me bad feelings for my family, Aisha. Ya Allah, please protect my family. Show me the way to get through this fitnah, this challenge. To You I pray, and only to You I worship اﻏﻔﺮ ﻟﻲ ﻳﺎ اﻟﻠﻪ . ﺗﺒين ﻟﻲ اﻟﻄﺮﻳﻖ اﻟﺼﺤﻴح (Forgive me Ya Allah. Show me the right path) Aameen.

I silently pray, before resting back on the chair and try to release all of my stress out.

...

(Salam~~ How are yaaa??? xD I think I'm high lol. Anyways, Vote and comment! I'm kind of disappointed to see that The Niqabi has dropped to #78 in spiritual rank. I honestly would like to see my very special story in the list of top 20/10's. Well, if you don't mind to help me xD Anywaysssss...I'm waiting for your thoughts below :))