Chapter 8 - the date

The kiss became more powerful like a lion claiming its' territory. Possessive, strong and hold so many promises that could be broken, that one thought pulled Bella out of the blissfulness and beauty of what was occurring. Slowly she released her grip on his hair and gently placed them on his chest to brace herself feeling the muscles in his body ripple as they strained to stay in a location.

Jonathan felt her change it was as if the hot water turned cold in the shower. He was sure with all his mind that this was something she had wanted as well. He finally released her and softly pushed himself backward and tread the waters. "I am sorry, I don't know what overcame me." He muttered wishing he never made a move.

"It's fine, trust me I just it." She paused and glanced off toward the horses. "It just seems a bit sudden to me that's all." Bella wanted this just as much as he did she was sure of it. The problem was sex always complicated things. This was supposed to be a six-month deal no strings attached marriage. She knew if she let herself get swept away in the thought of a happy ending with a man who made it clear this was an arrangement then she would be screwed. Never again would a man hurt her like that again she thought to herself.

Jonathan paused when he made it to the middle of the lagoon and took the sight of her in. He knew this was going to be a risk and by the looks of things, Danny might have made a good point. Getting married lead to expectation and attachment but if there was one thing he was sure of it was that Bella was worth getting burned.

"Come on I packed a lunch for us to enjoy before we head back to the house." He said as if nothing had happened between them. "We need to relax all we can today because Stacy will be back tomorrow and Lord knows she won't leave either one of us alone until she is satisfied with the answers." He continued as he made it to the shoreline leaving her to stare at him in all his glory.

Arabella did a quick intake of air as she watched him get out of the water and submerged herself in hopes that she would cool down before she headed towards him. The last thing she needed was to be anywhere near him on land looking like a Greek God in his damn birthday suit. Thankfully when she finally got to where he was, the man found his clothes which left her with the ability to think instead of staring at him. I mean she had been with a couple of men in her life but never one so endowed, and that terrified her as well.

As she threw on her clothes she peeked in the picnic basket, "So what did you bring for us to eat?" She asked while trying to button her shorts. Swearing to herself that putting dry clothing on over wet underwear was like trying to go down a dry slip and slide.

"Nothing much just a couple turkey or ham and cheese sandwiches. I wasn't sure what you liked, so I figured options was the best way to go." He said as he pulled them out along with a container full of sweet tea and two dixie cups. "I know it's not much, but it should do until later.""Are you kidding it looks and sounds great? Thank you so much." She said as she reached for a turkey and cheese sandwich and one of the small cups of tea. "This is splendid," Bella said taking some more bites.

Once they were done eating, they decided it was time to pack up and head back towards the ranch before it got too late. They filled the time with talking about childhood memories and Bella had questions about what it was like growing up on the farm. He also asked what city life was like and how she was enjoying her time there so far. Once they got to the house, they both forgot about the hot spring and were completely relaxed with each other's presence again."Why don't you take a shower and I will get dinner going for you tonight," Jonathan said as he kissed Arabella on the forehead and went to the refrigerator, and grabbed out two steaks. He was going to make this dinner amazing if it was the last thing he did.

Bella just stood there in the kitchen doorway watching the cowboy and jack of all trades start to prep the meal. "Um, okay I will see you when in a few then." She finally replied as she headed up the stairs to the shared bathroom. It brought her relief and relaxation as the scolding hot water pounded on her back releasing all the tension that riding a horse had drawn to her. Letting her thoughts drift to the honey-kissed cowboy who was walking trouble. Her brain constantly in an argument with her heart telling her they were technically married, what's wrong with having some fun. While her heart made it well known, it did not want to be played with. Finally, she had enough of the tug-a-war that was going on inside her.

As she made her way down to the kitchen, the smell of grilled steak and onions wafted in the air it alone made her salivate. "It smells divine in here." She said with praises"Well take a seat." Replied Jonathan as he placed a nice rib-eye steak smothered with onions and mushrooms with an excellent steaming baked potato in front of her. "I don't know how to cook much unless it is on a grill but my sister and the ranch hands love it." He said as he sat down in his usual chair next to her. There they continued the same conversation about farm life until they were finished eating.

"That was the best meal I have ever had." Arabella complemented while brushing her hand across his arm and giving it a light teasing squeeze. "You're going to have to do that again sometime."

It was one gesture but held a hundred different meanings. Jonathan went with his gut yet again and pushed Bella up against the kitchen counter inhaling the scent of lavender in her hair. Their hearts were racing as they gazed into each other's eyes, both afraid that spoken words would make this end.

Finally, Arabella gave up and grabbed the cowboy, by his white t-shirt and kissed him. She never made the first move, but God did she feel liberated. It took Jonathan a moment for his mind to catch up with the rest of his body. The moments were growing more and more intense by their bodies entwining with each other. Jonathan slowly parted her lips as he slides his tongue into her mouth both discovering the other. Finally, they parted both panting for air as Jonathan reached for her hand and led her to his room.

Once they made it to the bed, he gently kissed her soft, yet subtle red lips and lifted her onto the mattress. Bella couldn't think it was as if she was getting more and more intoxicated by his presence and rendered helpless by his kisses. She gave the wave of emotions and feelings embracing every one of his touches. He slowly traced feather-light kisses around her neck and trailed them down to her breast. Bella felt as if her skin was on fire, yet never more alive. He continued to tease her while taking their clothes off.

"Jonathan please" Was all Arabella could muster up to say as she lost all sense of the world around them. He relished in her presence looking at the woman who lay before him, and he could not believe that for now, she was his. Then he finally made his way inside her fitting like two pieces to a puzzle. Never had someone felt as right as she did right here and now. He knew he wouldn't last much longer the woman drove him nuts with the Fourplay and God did she feel divine.Arabella moaned not prepared for what came next. He filled and stretched her more than she thought possible. Every move he made sent her more and more towards ecstasy and soon they both collided with a screaming of each other's names.