Chapter 33 - One on One

Indra raised his arms outwards a little. The leviathans kept attacking. Their giant shadows blanketed us. Just one leviathan had godlike power on its own. We were dealing with two. They were as large as mountains that the pirate ships at sea looked like rats in front of them and we looked like ants.

But then one of the leviathans began moving away in another direction. Something caught its attention. Or more precisely, someone. In the distance, I saw Agneya. She too was floating in the air from her power and was literally clothed in yellow-orange flames. Her clothes remained unaffected by the fire but her appearance had changed a little. Her face, not so much. But her eyes were glowing with bright yellow light. Her hair was a deep red. She taunted the leviathan, provoking it to attack her instead.

"I was wondering when you'd show up, my dear." Indra said to her, with a calm smile, "Though I can handle these miserable creatures by myself even if you didn't."

"I don't doubt it." Agneya replied with the same calm, "But I couldn't stand the injustice and evil here."

"Me neither." Indra added.

Then the wind pressure around us increased and his hair began dancing wildly in the breeze. I could feel such incredible power. Andrew was right about them being gods. There was no doubt about it. As Indra had raised his arms, he meant to summon something. A low rumble of thunder could be heard. Dark, ominous clouds began to gather in the sky creating a vast blanket and thus the day grew dim. I expected some kind of killer rain or deathly bolts of lightning to come crashing down upon the leviathan. But something even bigger happened.

The large clouds began swirling around at one point that was directly above us. We looked up to see them making a hole in the middle. Like the eye of a tornado. The hole was pitch black until after a while a light began glowing. At first it was subtle. Then the intensity increased. After a while, it became so bright that we had to cover our eyes. It looked like a small sun in the middle of dark clouds.

The leviathan roared and cried out in the air. Then it raised its killer metal pincers to finish us off in one strike. But before it could do so, a pillar of light suddenly swooped down to earth and engulfed the leviathan. The white light had the seven colors of the spectrum swirling fiercely inside it. The impact it caused by hitting the ground was so strong it caused a violent tremor.

I tried to keep my balance but it felt like I was standing on a running horse. It was impossible to keep any kind of foothold. August held on to me but he could barely stand as well. My dad caught me from behind, using himself as a wall to support me.

A smoke of dust and sand also blew wildly as a result of the light but the barrier stood in the way of it so we weren't affected. The only thing that affected us was the tremor but not in a destructive way. In the midst of it all, Indra stood unaffected and unflinching. He held the same position he was in all this time. Floating in the air majestically with his arms outwards.

Once the pillar of light finally subsided, there was a heap of ashes left in place of the leviathan. I looked in awe and fear. The monstrous metal creature was literally disintegrated in a matter of seconds. Thin clouds of smoke rose from the ashes. The tremors stopped and the barrier disappeared. Indra slowly landed on the ground rather gracefully.

On the other side, Agneya had engulfed the other leviathan in a blanket of molten flames from just her glance and burned the creature to charcoal. It was only then the flames surrounding her disappeared. Her hair and eyes reverted to normal and she landed on the ground as well.

Made me thank the heavens that these two were on our side.

But the best sight of it all was Dale's reaction. He looked dumbfounded by it all and was at a loss for words. Michael and Evelyn were scared out of their wits. The enemy pirate captain was quite nervous when Indra began speaking to him.