14: A Great Friend

"Is that so..." Scheherazade sighs, rubbing her temples. "I guess it can't be helped then." She brings her gaze back to my own, staring intently...

"When will your wedding be?"

Shit! Now I have to have a fake wedding?! I haven't the slightest idea of how to plan something like that... No less right this instant!!

"I-we're not sure yet!" I say, hoping to disguise my nerves by making it looks like I'm embarrassed by twiddling my fingers. "I see..."

She holds a hand to her mouth in thought. "Well then, since you will be wed, I suppose we can discuss the arrangments of Prince Alibaba further at Sindria sometime soon. But for now, I will allow his training to remain in Reim. Only because he will become a Sindrian Prince soon." She says, letting out a sigh.

"Thank you so much, Lady Scheherazade! I will be forever grateful!" I get down on my knees and bow to her, relieved that Alibaba won't be in suspicion anymore.

"Please stand, princess (F/Name). There is no need for that." I stand at her command, but not without thanking her again. "Just accept my happy wishes towards your marriage." I smile, "I will!" I say.

I turn back to the match and see Alibaba winning his fight. "Yo, monkey! Quit howling and bring it on!" Garda slams his fists against the ground. "Bring it on, I'm right here!" He smirks. He dodges Garda's attack and stands with his back against the wall. The beast tries to punch Alibaba but he moves to the side and impales its fist with his sword.

He begins slashing Garda continuously, finishing it off with it covered in slashes gushing out blood.

My smile grows, watching my dear friend win his fight with all his might. "Alright, Alibaba!!! You did amazing!" I shout, seeing the blonde turn his gaze up to me - a gentle smile appearing. Just as I felt it before, his rukh changes back to how it was originally, feeling much lighter than before.

I turn back around to Muu and the high Priestess, bowing in respect to the two.

"I must take my leave now, thank you for having this discussion with me, Lady Sheherazade. I will be sure to invite you to our wedding!" I smile.

"It's been a pleasure, Princess (F/Name)."

I give her one last grin before walking to the exit of the booth, patting Muu's shoulder as I pass by him. "I hope to see you again, Muu. Hopefully then we can finally catch up!" His unsure gaze turns to one of joy, sending me off with his regards and a kind smile.

I wave to him before making my way to where I saw the Shambala leading Alibaba.

Once I arrive at the school of the Shambala, I run into the infirmary and see him. "Alibaba!" I run up to the injured blonde, embracing him before he can utter a word. "I was so worried about you! Are you feeling okay now?!" I pull away and hold him by his arms, checking his body for any more injuries.

"I-I'm fine now! What're you doing here, (F/Name)?"

"Uhhhh... Okay, Alibaba. Good news and bad news-" I sit beside him and cross my arms, "First of all, the good news. Lady Scheherazade interrogated me about your association to Sindria, and luckily after explaining some things to her, you aren't considered an enemy any longer!" 

Alibaba smiles, "That's great! But, what's the bad news?"

I sweatdrop and scratch the back of my neck. "Ahaha, about that... I had to tell her that, um..." He tilts his head and gives me a confused face. "Hm?"

I groan, "I had to tell her that we're lovers!!!" I burst, covering my face in embarrassment. 

.
.
.

"WHAT?!"

"I know! I'm sorry! But the only way that she'd accept your circumstances! She knew that you were from Balbadd!" He's silent for a good minute, then he starts to sweat and turn red all over. "W-WAIT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" I turn red as well, "I-I TOLD HER THAT WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

"WHAT?!?!"

"AND I KIND OF HAD TO INVITE HER TO THE WEDDING!!!"

"WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!"

I slump down onto the bed and sob, "I'm sorryyy, Alibabaaaa... What else could I have saiiidddd..?" I apologize, "You could've denied it!" He whines back. "I guess you're right..." I sulk, sighing while resting my head on the bed. "H-Hey, I appreciate you trying though, (F/Name)... But, how are we going to fool the high Priestess of Reim?" I get up from sulking, 

"I... Don't know... I don't think that faking a marriage will be very good for either of us..." I say, holding my chin in thought. "Well, I didn't tell her when, so we can put it aside for now." Alibaba sweatdrops. "I guess... Should you talk to Sinbad about it..?" He asks.

"Probably... Ahh, I've already had too much to deal with today... I need a break..." I say.

"Eh? What else happened today?"

"It's- a long story... You need to rest and heal up, you have pretty bad wounds after all." I say, getting up from his bed and placing a hand on his shoulder. "No! We're friends, so if you have any burdens, you can share them with me!" He says, placing his hand on my own. My eyes widen at the fact, 'Alibaba... You really are such a kind person, aren't you?'

"If you say so, Alibaba." 

So I told him all about what happened in Magnoshuttat. He would hop in and say things like how those girls were horrible, how it must've been uncomfortable after what Aladdin did, and he tried to theorize with me about what I should do about the grandson of Matal Mogamet. He showed a lot of interest and investment in our conversation, and it felt - really, really nice...

"Thanks for listening, Alibaba. You really are a great friend..." I say.

"Don't sweat it! I'll always be there when you need me!" He grins, pointing his thumb to his chest.

I smile softly once again, it felt so nice to have someone I can rely on, other than Sin or the generals. I hope that we can stay this close forever...

~

"Alibaba? I'm coming in-"

Its been about five days since his fight with Garda, he was all healed up now. And with the money he won, he bought Garda his freedom! Which is extremely kind, considering he almost died just a few days ago...

"Oh, hey (F/Name). What's up?" He was polishing his sword with a rag.

"I just came to tell you, that I have to leave Reim." I say, looking down at my feet.

"What? You have to leave already?" He asks, with a disappointed tone. I sigh, rubbing my forehead. "Yeah. My stupid brother said that I had to go in his stead because he's 'busy'..." I groan. "Man... As soon as my wounds heal up, I was hoping that we could've gone out and done something..." He sighs, crossing his arms.

I get a little flustered. After his fight with Garda, he's been very affectionate with me lately. I don't know what changed with him, but all the attention from him was very new and it made me feel- Wanted... And it felt really good... So it made me feel bad that I had to leave him so soon, especially since we'd been so close over the past few days.

"I'm really sorry Alibaba, but Sin said that it was very important that I'd go to Kou..." I say, disappointed that I had to leave him. "It's totally fine, (F/Name)! If you're needed, then there's no helping that. It was fun having you here, even though we couldn't do much because of my injuries... Hahaha..." He chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. "Thank you. I hope we can meet again soon, and with Morgiana and Aladdin as well!" I say cheerfully, "Yeah! I can't wait till we all get together again! I wonder how they're doing?" He wonders.

I laugh, "I bet they're doing just fine, and probably a lot stronger than the last time we met!" I say, holding up my fist. "Yeah."

"Welp, I have to go now. Kou isn't going to wait forever."

I wave to him as he sends his own goodbyes, knowing that we probably won't meet for a while. Then, I follow the guards that were waiting outside the academy to escort me to the ship I'd be taking to Kou.

'It's going to be a long journey...'