4: nerd party

I find Drew, I mean he finds me the next day outside on the picnic table reading.

"Hey, Bookworm." Drew calls. I look up, annoyed

"Don't call me that."

"Fine." He puts his hands up in protest.

"What do you want?" I ask, placing my book on my lap.

"To say I'm sorry. Again."

"That's not going to fix the fact that I'm not allowed to go to the park... alone. Ever. Again."

"Wow, really?"

"No, I made it up." I say sarcastically.

"Oh. Good."

"Oh my god." I shake my head, and stand up, the book falling to the ground.

"What?" Drew blocks my path.

"You can't be that stupid." I shake my head, turning the other way. I pull at my ponytail, trying to fix the too tight hair tie.

"Wait. you're actually grounded?"

"Duh." I stop and turn around to face him.

"Why?"

"They think I'm irresponsible. And Peter came home with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream all over his mouth when we weren't suppose to get any."

Drew doesn't say anything.

"Well, thank you for helping me waste time. I should be going now." I walk past him, into the double doors of the School.

"What was that?" Elise stands at the door, her shoulder against the cool metal door frame.

"Drew." I shake my head.

"Dr-who?" Elise asks. I Laugh at her.

"His name's Drew. He won't leave me alone." I roll my eyes.

"Come on." Elise smiles, and hooks her arm through mine, and we walk to homeroom.

"Look what the cat dragged in." I hear muttering, as soon as we enter.

Pretending not to hear it, I walk to my seat, past Felix. He tries to trip me, but instead of falling I kick him. Not hard... but hard enough.

"What's your problem, Quincy?" He stands up, blocking my path.

He looks me up and down, eyeing my scabbed cheek and swollen shoulder.

"Oh you mean all of this? You did it, remember? Yesterday, in the hallway..."

"I've got it." He hisses. For a moment, I thought I saw his eyes soften. From stone hard, to something a little warmer. Couldn't be. Not possible.

"You think you're so much better than everyone. Just let it go. I don't want any trouble, I just want to get to my seat. It's not my fault that the whole town thinks I'm better than you," I smirk.

"Take that back." Felix steps closer. I step back.

"Okay class, take your seats!" Our Teacher calls.

"No time now. See you later, though?" I smile, and step around him to my seat, pleased with my comebacks.

"Ms. Quincy?" I hear my name called over and over.

"Hmm?" I raise my head, blinking rapidly. I must've fallen asleep.

"Just making sure you're paying attention." He calls, shaking his head slightly. Quiet giggles erupt from the class. I sink low in my chair, blushing. I received about 0 hours of sleep the night before.