2: that'll be bruised tomorrow

"Come on, stop worrying about it!" Elise teases, poking my cheek.

"Stop worrying about it?!" I gulp, a nervous laugh escaping my lips.

We're at lunch finally, but Felix hasn't stopped eyeballing me.

I sigh. "Maybe you're right. What's he gonna do?" I smirk, stabbing my fork into the cafeteria's mediocore salad.

"I'm always right." Elise purses her lips. I laugh at her, sticking a forkful of soggy lettuce and carrots into my mouth. 

"Peter! PETER!!" I try to call my brother over. Besides him being annoying, he's pretty fun to talk with.

Peter looks up from his tray, and walks over to us.

"What do you want?" He asks.

 "To spend some bonding time with my lovely brother," I roll my eyes, and scoot over, to the edge of the bench.

"I... I can't," Peter protests, looking over his shoulder. 

"Why not?" I ask. 

"Because you're my sister and that'd be weird." he looks around the crowded lunchroom frantically, as if someone is watching him.

"Sitting next to your sister is weird?" I tease him, still inviting him to sit down.

 "I've gotta go," Peter sighs, and walks off.

"What's up his corduroys?" I cross my arms. Elise shrugs, sipping apple juice.

It was after school, finally. I sigh and shut the locker door, careful not to drop my homework.

"I can't walk you home today." Elise meets me at the door. "Why not?" I ask. "I'm going to  go visit my grandma at the Nursing Home. My mom told me to go straight from school." Elise hugs me, "You'll make it," I laugh at Elise's comment, waving at her.

"See ya!" She hollers, then skips down the steps, two at a time.

I walk down the steps, and stop at the bottom, reaching for my phone in my pocket. My hand hits the side of my shorts. I check my front pockets, and my other back pocket.

"Shoot." I murmur, and turn around, heading back to my locker for my phone.

I've forgotten my phone a million times, it's so annoying. I hum to myself, as I unlock my locker  and find the chevron pocket on the locker door I keep my phone in.

"We knew you'd be back." A sneaky voice says behind me.

SERIOUSLY?! I just want to get home. He wasn't kidding, about dealing with it later.

"What do you want?" I hiss, and turn around to face the voice.

Felix stands tall, at the front of 7 other boys. SEVEN?!?

"You beat me?" Felix laughs, and his posse joins in. 

"I'm sure anyone who can pick up a baseball can beat you." I cross my arms. This boy isn't going to win, not on my watch.

A bunch of "oohs" come from his group. I smirk.

"In your dreams." Felix retorts. 

"In my dreams, unicorns eat at your spiky hair like it's grass," I watch him squirm, looking down at the floor to think of a response.

A shorter, shaggy haired boy laughs. "Whose side are you on?!" Felix yells to the boy.

"My point is; this town wouldn't be caught dead with you on their team."

"At least I wouldn't need my daddy to bribe me onto the team." I bat my eyelashes, taking note of his extremely expensive sneakers. Seriously, who would wear those to school? I don't even know if his dad bribed him. Probably... Felix looks like one of those kids.

He's pretty hurt by it... must be true.

"You take that back." He crosses his arms, a wild look in his eyes.

"Why would I? It's true." I smile.

Felix raises his hands, and shoves me against the locker, pinning me arms above my head.

"Felix, let her go." The shaggy haired boy says harshly.

I suck in a shaky breath, and try to regain my composure.

"You know, I'd hit you back but that would be animal abuse." I say, as Felix drops my arms.

I back away from the lockers. Someone has to see me, or them... hopefully.

I get shoved again, and fall to the floor.

"Ouch." I whisper, standing up and rubbing my back.

Well that'll be bruised tomorrow.

I'm so... angry.

I run straight towards them. "Felix, stop!" One of the other... I'll say smarter kids in his posse shouts.

Felix ignores them. It's as if he's just... snapped. His face is blank. He raises his fist, and swings. Luckily, I duck just in time.

Cat- like reflexes. You're jealous, I know.

I drive my fist into his stomach, and watch him fold over, in agony.

I've never punched someone before. Adrenaline is running through my body, but also anger. I don't like hurting people, but I had to.

"She's a monster!" Felix squeaks, and tries to regain his footing. I stare around at his group, their eyes wide in horror.

Before I can blink, a foot kicks me in the shin, and I lose my footing and fall to the ground.

I hold my shoulder, as I fell on it.

I try to blink tears away. They're just bullies... they're so mean.

"Look, she's crying!" Felix laughs, and dusts himself off. "Who would've known there's feelings underneath the dirty, blank look." He turns, and leads his group outside.

"Are you okay?" A boy with dark brown hair looks from me to the group, and waits for them to leave before helping me up.

I shrug, and grab his hand. "I'm Drew by the way,"  He says, and grabs my papers which ended up on the floor.

"Harper," I say back, clutching my shoulder. "I know," Drew says, blusing intensely. I laugh at him.

"Thanks, by the way," I say, as we walk down the front steps. 

"No problem, Felix's a jerk anyways. It's not like I agree with him. He just happens to be on my baseball team."

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Drew asks. "Most likely." I nod. Drew gives a small wave, and we go our separate ways down the sidewalk.