Chapter Twenty-Eight

Author's Note:

Since my dad is back in town, I decided to give Luke a break from his. Yes, Joseph Adams is based off of my dad. I needed a release.
Anyways, I think you guys are gonna like this chapter. At least, I hope.
ENJOY.

xoxo,
Q.

“Pass me another slice, would ya, babe?” Nate asks, leaning back lazily on the couch and holding his hand out.

“Get it yourself.” Jess snorts back at him, her arms crossed.

Now that Nate and Jess are officially dating, everything’s changed.

Oh, wait no, I take that back.

Absolutely nothing has changed, except for the fact that we have to watch them suck face now. Please take note of my extreme joy.

Emery rolls his eyes and rips off another slice of pizza to hand to Nate.

“Thanks, man.” Nate says, appreciatively. “You know, you’re so lucky you’re gay. It seems so much easier to be dating a guy.”

Jess smirks. “I’m sure you’d enjoy that, Nate.”

“No boobs for you.” Alana chuckles, sipping from her can of Dr. Pepper.

Peter shudders by my side. “Ew, boobs.”

At this, even Emery emits a laugh.

It’s actually a nice evening. My dad’s out of town at a medical conference, so there’s no danger of him bursting into the basement and demanding that all the gays get out, and Emery’s actually being pretty civil towards Peter.

We ordered pizza and Lord Of The Rings is playing on the TV, but no one is really paying attention to the movie.

Katy and Rowan have passed the honeymoon stage of their relationship, so they’re not as nauseating as Nate and Jess.

Then again, maybe I’m biased because they’re all straight.

But at the same time, Toby and Drew’s relationship annoys me, but that might be a little bit because I’m jealous.

I mean, I know I’m with Peter, but when I see the way Toby looks at Drew…it’s just in a whole different league.

I feel Emery’s eyes training me, so I shake my head of the thought and refocus in on the conversation.

*

“Well, we’re out of here.” Katy says, standing up and pulling her boyfriend up with her.

Emery immediately jumps to his feet as well, not wanting to be the last one here with Peter and me.

“Yeah, I should go too.” He says, hurriedly.

“Okay, I’ll walk you guys out.” I say, also standing up and turning to Peter. “I’ll be right back.”

He smiles and nods, and I follow Katy, Rowan, and Emery as they walk towards the basement door.

“See you at school, Luke.” Rowan says, and Katy waves as they head off.

“Uh…” Emery mumbles, awkwardly, his cheeks flushing slightly. “See ya.”

And he bolts out before I can say another word.

When I get back into the basement, Peter is staring off into space with a little frown on his face, looking thoughtful.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I ask.