Chapter Twenty-One

Author's Note:

Ugh. I'm so sorry. I was in the hospital. No electronics allowed. It's a long story. Here's Chapter 21. Enjoy! :) <3

xoxo,
Q.

Alana is dragging me to the mall again. She’s having way too much fun with this whole ‘gay best friend’ thing. It’s driving me a little insane.

I’m only going under the condition that she pays when we stop at Sonic. Unfortunately, this gives her the opportunity to tease me for getting the cherry limeade, which for some reason, she believes to be a ‘gay drink’.

“Alana, I always get a cherry limeade when we go to Sonic. You can’t suddenly start calling it a gay drink.” I say.

“It’s always been a gay drink.” Alana responds, stubbornly. “It’s totally obvious; I can’t believe none of us knew you were gay.”

I roll my eyes. “You’re saying that you should’ve known I’m gay because I drink cherry limeades?

“Yes!” she exclaims.

I roll my eyes once again. “You keep working on that theory.”

“Shut up and drive.” She insists.

I raise my eyebrows at her. “I’m sick of being your chauffer, Alana. You’re sixteen; when are you getting your license?”

“When my mother lets me.” Alana grumbles.

I bark out a laugh.

“Shut up, Luke.”

“I will pull over and make you walk.” I threaten her.

“No, you won’t.” she says, easily. “You love me too much.”

“That’s what you think.” I mutter, and she grins.

When we get to the mall and park, I let her drag me wherever she wants to go.

“I can’t even count all the favors you owe me for shit like this.” I complain.

“I talk to you. That should be enough.” She says, sticking her nose up. I burst into laughter.

“You looked so much like Vanessa for a second.” I say between laughs, as she stares at me bemusedly.

“Bitch.” She glares at me. “You’re the one who dated her.”

“We all have great lapses in judgment sometimes.” I defend myself.

She snorts. “No, this was beyond a lapse in judgment.”

I groan. “Just let it go. I know I don’t have the greatest dating record. Maybe I should just give up on it entirely.”

Alana rolls her eyes. “You’re just full of stupid ideas today, aren’t you?”

I shoot her a glare, which she ignores.

“Just ‘cause you dated a bunch of really obnoxious girls doesn’t mean you should give up on dating. Plus, now you know why you dated all those girls in the first place. Subconsciously, you were just trying to prove your heterosexuality, which turned out to be totally bogus anyway.” Alana says, simply.

I stare at her. “Did you really just say bogus?”

She scowls at me. “You get my point.”

I grin, but then let it slide off my face. “Yeah, I do. Still. I don’t see myself jumping right back in, you know. After Emery and all that.”