Chapter 8 - This could be it!

He promised me to keep me safe and be together for ever. He told me that I am the one that changed his world, I'm the one he loves and gives everything for.

He broke his promise,he lied to me - Love hurts, if rejected, betrayed or left alone.

I waited and waited for months, maybe he will come back, maybe he left for some work and didn't want to involve me,to protect me.He left and never came back. It's been fifty years since he left me alone in that room, I never saw his face again!

Sometimes waiting is the hardest thing of all,waiting hurts more than knowing he left.

I lived my life without the one I love, without my family - alone, I don't want to be alone.

I was sitting on my bed looking at the roof thinking what I might done to him, thinking about him every single second-even though it passed fifty years,I still think of him every  moment of the day. I now promised my self I will find him and I will make him return to me. I got up from the bed dressed something very casual,and rushed at my friend's house. Allison',she's a vampire like me-she helped me a lot in these years and we become good friends,more like sisters. I arrived at her house at nine in the morning , yes in the morning'! I am now capable of walking in sunlight. Allison once rearranged some deal with a witch friend of hers and she done a spell, that allows us vampires to walk in the sun.

Allison was already feeding on a human being, she's out of control when it's about blood. She threw the body on the floor and came to give me a warm hug

'' Baby, you want to talk about something I can feel it. I’m listening. But you know, I’m no angel, and I’m not finished dancing with the devil yet '' She said wiping the blood drops from her shirt.

Alli knows me well, I wanted to talk to her about what I had in mind about Nate. I told her I want to go and look for him , somewhere,no matter where...I wanted to find him with all costs. She sat down on the couch and asked me to join her,she seemed that she had something to tell me. I was anxious, yet scared about what she wanted to tell me. 

I wanted to know-hoping it was something good,not bad.

''Dear you know how much I respect you, but I don't think it's a good idea looking for him after fifty years '' Alli said

''Why not?'' I replied ... '' do you know something I don't ?'' 

Silence lasted for quite a long and than she replied

'' No babe, I know nothing about him but it's been too long since you last talked to him. I mean, he might have a new life with someone else,or he's too far from here. My point is if you find him now you might get hurt in a different way-forget about him and start over with someone else''

I didn't like what Alli said, but at some point I know she's right. Fifty years is not a year, it's a long time and he probably already forgot about me. I stayed the night at Alli's drinking wine and gossiping around. The day passed away faster than I thought it will,and I went to bed,next to Alli. We're not 100% sober,but my thoughts are fine,I still can think about him this way.

Before I slept I convinced my self that if Alli doesn't want to come with me to look for Nate I'll go on my own, I want to know what happened and why he left me with no answers.

~~~~

In the morning I got up and Alli wasn't there,in the bed with me.I got a shock, I thought she left as well,without saying a word but I walk down in the kitchen and she was sitting on the couch drinking some bag of blood,from the hospital. She threw one bag for me and I sat  in front of her. I said nothing at all,all I did was looking around the room and drinking my bag. Alli got up from the couch and shouted '' So,When are we going to go and look for Nate ''   

I stared at her and smiled, she knew that I wanted to go still, I got up and replied '' Grab some stuff,we'll leave today.''

If your alone,I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry,I'll be your shoulder.If you want a hug,I'll be your pillow.If you need to be happy,I'll be your smile...But anytime you need a friend,I'll just be me. That's what Alli always told me and today she proved me right, she's a friend I can count on.

We grabbed stuff we thought we might need, locked the door and left. Everyone have a mission in life and my new mission is to find the one I love.

My lost love. 

Where can we start to look for him, the world is so big! We can try his old house, his friends house,pubs he use to go in ... so many choices to go! 

We'd better start looking for him step by step, first option is his old house. It's not so far from here 3 kilometres away,We can do it by night. It's good to have a friend with you, at least some company ain't bad. We walked to his house,speaking about everything most of all wondering why he did that.

The weather was shining ,it was super warm. A wonderful weather to go to the beach not walking in the middle of the forest to go from a place to another',but whatever, life sucks-sometimes.

I can see his house, we're almost there. From the first look at it, it seems abandoned. Alli and I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open up. When Alli knocked on the door,the door opened up by it self. It seems that no one is home, the house is empty...but why the door is open!

We wanted to go inside but we couldn't . Vampires can't go inside if the owner doesn't invite them in-the only solution to be sure that the house is deserted was to shout from the outside,maybe someone respond to us. No one answered,no  one showed up. Nate ain't here..

We left the place,heading our way to some friends houses. The closes friend was Isaac Duquette,a very unique vampire. He was super famous with vampire girls, he have good looks and very rich for our kind. I knocked on the door and a maid opened up for us. She stared at us for some time and than called Isaac. She called him with the word Syer', weird...

He came at the door and sent her inside,to grab something for us to drink. He invited us inside,looking all happy with our appearance.

''Syer'' I said with a sarcastic tone, '' really''?

''Elsie'' he clap his hands together '' Curious as always, why don't we make a deal until you stay here, you don't ask me questions and I don't ask you..''

I don't really like Isaac,he have some attitude..but I wanted his help and I had to deal with him with whatever he says. 

Alli asked him to stay the night,it's dark already and we don't want to go look for him in the dark.Isaac agreed with that and we sat to have a toast for our arrival.

Isaac sat down and called the maid, he ordered her to make some drinks for us and call the rest.

''The rest?'' I talked to my self

Nate could be here,we might have a jackpot!