Chapter 3 - Encounter

I had to keep on walking pretending I saw no one of my interest. I hate lying,but lately it became a part of my habit. I saw a distance between the mystery man and me, the cart was moving, I lost contact with him again, I couldn't see him anymore. Alexander noticed something was not right and he insisted to tell him. I had to lie once again otherwise he wasn't going to be happy with my answer. I'd like to start my new life on the good side. 

I arrived home,kissed Alexander goodbye and ran upstairs. I had to spend some time alone, to think'. The man in the woods,was out at the theater as well! ..is he following me?

I convinced my self he was there by coincidence,maybe he likes Opera.

Undressed the dress,brushed my hair and went to bed. I had strange dreams that kept my morning busy thinking about them. The man in the woods influenced me well, he's now showing up in my dreams. I decided to tell no one about my dreams, my parents won't like the fact I'm dreaming about another man. I had to do something about it, I wanted to meet this man so bad that I decided I will go and look for him tonight'.

I tried to imagine where he could be, where to find him. He might be in the woods again ,he might be walking around in the square, Well if I don't find him today Ifwill find him some other time, I am not going to give up !

Eleven O'clock in the morning the door knocks,my mum opens up to find my friend,Anna. I was surprised she was at my door in the morning. Apparently she came to congratulate me for my engagement. I had to role play my mood, and smile like an idiot to her greetings. She rushed me in my room and asked me to wear something and go out for a cup of coffee.

It's been a long time since we had a girl's day out, it's fun. Anna wanted to meet Alexander, but I don't think it's a good idea,don't know why. Anna is the type of girl that speaks a lot and asks a lot of questions..Alexander will get uncomfortable with her,for sure.

Anna's family is Noble as well, if they weren't Noble I couldn't be Anna's friend because all the people I know have to be in the same level as ours.

Even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all.I ordered my favorite drink; vanilla iced blended coffee and sat there for some hours speaking about our new life,Talking about my wedding and discussing Alexander's character and family'. If you think it like this you might think it was a boring conversation but actually it was a fun one.

“How did it get so late so soon?” Anna giggled ''Time flies like an arrow when your having fun'' I continued. We both grabbed our bags filled with goods and walked home separately

I went immediately in the kitchen looking for mum, I like to discuss what my day's been like with her,she listens to me and enjoy it as if she was with me. 

The sun was almost set and I had to prepare for my sneak out. I kissed my mother, to show her I am going to bed already and rushed upstairs. Done the bed as if there's a person under the covers and went down the ladder,from my room.I grabbed an oil rusty lamp, and started my mission to find him. I had to know why he stopped me from the suicide and who was he.I wanted to talk to him.I had lot of questions, hoping for the answers-tonight'!

I'm scared of being alone in the dark outside,at this time. Being scared is something not to be proud of , some people may call you coward others may make fun of you but while I was walking I talked to my self making my self some invisible company “Don't be afraid of being scared. To be afraid is a sign of common sense. Only complete idiots are not afraid of anything.” 

~~~~

Do I have the courage to do this? Alone, in the dark'. Fear pumped through my mind as I imagined the horrible things that could be lurking between the trees,ready to attack at any time. I struggled against my self trying to not be consumed by the darkness, trying to keep my sanity. I was scared of every single sound I hear, I started to think that this was a huge mistake. Maybe it's destiny not to know this man, and I'm putting my self in danger, for my insanity as always. It was too late to go back , I was in the middle of the woods, trembling  with cold and fear- hoping maybe this man shows up.

What am I,stupid? What was I thinking! The man happened to be in the woods once and I expect him to be here all the time.

I turned around to go back home, hoping my parents haven't realized I'm gone. It started to get really foggy,and the cold escalated. While I was walking I was thinking why 'in reality', I wanted to meet this man. The answer was in front of me all the time, I like him of course. My father will never approve my marriage with him, and I am never going to see him again ! This is all a waste of time.

Noises in the woods got louder, some noise I can't describe. Something was running at full speed,moving incredibly fast.I could tell I am not alone anymore. I thought for a second, maybe I was just imagining things.It may have been a bird like an owl or something, but owls hoot. It wasn't a dog or fox or a wolf, because I would have heard howling or barking. I stood in the middle of the forest trembling,scared to death, I haven't got the courage to move a muscle.

Suddenly a man came out of nowhere, he was standing right in front of me. I felt the world have stopped turning-I froze. He wasn't the man of the woods, he was another stranger. Why so many people in the woods at this time ? What's going on?

I wanted to ask him a lot of questions but my tongue couldn't move, I was too scared to talk.He looked at me for a long time,scanning my body with his eyes,he scanned every little inch of my body', smiling and nodding his head. I couldn't tell what he have in mind, maybe he want to rape me , maybe he want to kidnapp me .. 

He moved closed to me, taking off his gloves putting them in his pocket. I stood there with my mouth open looking at him, the least I could do was run,but I was scared to do that. After a long silence he said '' What are you doing here on your own,human''? The word human is a really catchy word in that sentence, isn't he a human as well? By the time I was going to answer him he pushed me against a tree and stared at me '' I can't wait for your answer, I'm thirsty''

I know what I heard but I wasn't ready to accept it. I exploded, lunged at him with my hands outstretched. I pushed him real hard but he haven't moved an inch, he was stronger than I thought. I screamed, out loud for help, but I was in the middle of nowhere, no one could hear me here. It was the best place for him to do whatever he have in mind.  

"Who are you'' I cried, shaking almost dizzy, ''I'm your friend,I'm putting you out of this misery, They call us Vampires - they haunt us and kills us. Today I'm doing their job, I'm haunting you and kill you, or more likely drain your blood from your system,how does that sound?'' he giggled. 

I was looking into his eyes when something out from his mouth came out, it was sharp and long,dangerous by looking at them,they were fa..fangs! ''Please let me go'' I begged him but I haven't finished my last word he made his actual move...

He bent my neck on the right, marking the target where to bite. I was trying to get out from his strong hands,it was impossible. He tied me up like a rope with his hands. He was getting closer and closer, and I was screaming  like a banshee'.

Before I knew it pain shot up through my body. Something wet dripped down my neck and ran down on to my shirt. I was shocked to find blood oozing out.I whimpered and screamed, flailing, but he slapped a hand over my mouth and pinned both my arms down.It hurts immensely, I struggled with all of my strength and I was already starting to lose consciousness.

The Vampire kept on drinking from my neck, making sure to drain every single drop of blood.Suddenly someone pushed the vampire away from me and threw him at the tree. I felt dizzy and sat down on the ground to gain some strength back,in the mean time the two man were fighting each other', it was a scary scene to watch.Both were very angry and strong. '' Jealous for my dinner'' the vampire said to the man smiling with my blood leaking out from his mouth. I stared at both of them trying to take a good look to the man that saved me from this brutal animal. I was shocked to discover he was the man in the woods of the other time. I finally found him , but not as I wished it could be. He had big fangs like the other vampire, He's a vampire as well ! 

My heart stopped beating for a second, Millions of thoughts rushed my mind, ... he wants to finish me, that's why he's fighing the vampire!

If I make it out alive, I'm never going to put feet on this forest again.. the most sad thing is the man I liked and dreamt on happened to be a vampire as well..Now I really dont have a chance with him !