Chapter 4

Im dedicating this one too LexiDaniels_ and lilly-rain for helping me with it. Same with the rest of this story, thanks to them i have inspiration again. Also i wanted to add check out there story's after mine, so have fun reading.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Aurora pov.  

She woke up after fainting, I helped her up and put her on a chair. I had to send my servant to go get a glass of water. Maddy didn't want to be put down yet. So I started telling Lyra more about Royals.  

"Anyway when the Royals were in power everything was great, every kid had a home, all the pack had money, houses were bigger then this, the grass greener. When our leader, Max Leonto, he was an alpha, died he was over 400 years old, he was a royal. They live longer. But he was the last, we never seen a royal after that. At least till now." I knew she was thinking about it, she had her nose scrunched up a little.   Why am I telling her this, I don't even know her. I cant stop myself though. I know that if I say to much, she will know i'm up to something. I'm not ready for her to know. I think that she may be hiding something, I will find out I always get my way, no matter what.  

"So what happened? Why did the line stop?" She was into the story now, I had her I could tell her anything now. I just had to pick my words carefully.  

"They say that some other Royals cursed him, and he was the last after that. But others say that the world needed no more royals, so the Gods ended the Royal line. But I thought it ended there, till my babies were born." I had her, so bad now. I wonder if I should tell her. She would be devastated. But she does deserve to find out, I don't wanna hurt her, yet, she is too nice and happy for once. Even mom doesn't know what i'm up too and I plan to keep it that way. Candice is even too stupid to find out.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Lyra pov  

As I listened to Aurora go on and on, I kept thinking who were my parents, how were they involved?

 "Also I need you to sit down for a second. What do you know about your ex Max?" Aurora asked.  

"He's a good man, he loved my parents, and they loved him. He was a football player. He loved me. I don't know much more." I'm telling the truth. Well mostly, I wasn't going to tell her that I thought he was my mate, she didn't need to know, not yet.

"Lyra, you need to listen to me. Max is a traitor. He was never who you thought he was, he is something way worse. You might not believe me, but he killed your parents." I gasped, NO, not Max, he wouldn't he loved us so much. She's lying. She has to be, right?? She went on,

"Max was with a group that hate Royals, they don't think Royals deserve to live."

"When...when did you find out?" I asked.

"Last week. That's why i wasn't at school. I was searching for the truth.  They killed your parents because they were some of the few who were looking and hoping for Royals to return.  Max and his group didn't like that."

We were sitting the talking, well I was listening, Aurora was talking. We heard something that made everyone run towards the nursery, a child's scream. When we got in there Stevie was being held by a wolf, gently, in his mouth. Sita was yelling at him, trying to keep him there was my guess. When the wolf saw us, I didn't expect him to jump out the nearest window, but he did. Taking Sita, Aurora's mom grabbed us and ran the opposite way, toward the car. I heard more glass breaking and screams, the servants. I ended up trailing behind, something made me stop, a blood curdling scream.  The scent of someone's blood came to me seconds later. I didn't realize where I was standing, I turned slightly to my left when I saw a movement.  A black wolf lunged out of the darkness, jaws open ready to kill.  

"LYRA!" I heard Aurora's mom yell at the same time I moved, he rammed into a white wolf.

"C'mon now." She said pulling me towards the car.  

"Mom where is he?" Aurora kept murmuring.

While her mom kept saying, "I don't know, I really don't." Over and over.  

We were heading down the highway, Me, Aurora, Candice, Sita, Madeline, and Sylvia (Aurora's mom), we had only got about 5 miles from the house, there standing in the road, was that black wolf. 

  "What do we do?" I asked, this wolf was mean, he already attacked me and whoever helped me. That wolf, that was, no, NO, Max.   

"Stay here, no matter what, you hear me? STAY!!!" I said getting out, not listening for a reply.  

"Max, is that you?" a whimper, its him.

"Max why did you kill them?" another, he wants clothes, so we can talk. I nod and go get clothes out of the trunk, they are my clothes, but it will work for now.

"Here, shift and put these on." I throw them to him.

"Lyra, I did it only because of my alpha, I loved your parents. You wanna know what they told me last? To keep you safe, they knew I wasn't your mate. They wanted me to help you find your way, without me you wouldn't have met her, you realize that?" He said staring at me. 

  "No you didn't need to kill them, you know the camping trip we take every year? Ya that was to take place the next day, AND YOU TOOK THAT FROM ME." I yelled at the end.

  I was so mad that I couldn't help but wish that I could shift, to kill the man that killed my family, everything I had gone, I trusted Max with my life, now, I will get his blood. I cried out in pain, it's happening to fast, I wasn't supposed to shift till next year. Pain exploded threw my body. Starting at my feet I heard cracking, and felt the twisting. I grew and grew, I was towering over Max. I kept going, no wolf is supposed to be this big.  I lunged out toward Max, I knew I was going for the kill. He didn't deserve to live. Not after they died, not after he killed them. For what? To become stronger? What did it do for him?

Focus. My inner, well outer wolf told me.

I can't he's a murderer. I yelled back at her. This inner battle took less than 10 seconds. Max hadn't moved, it's like we were frozen.

"Oh, Lyra sorry I forgot, Sita has the power to freeze time. Be ready. she will release you one sec, NOW." Aurora yelled.

But I was already moving. I was going to kill him, that would help me relieve some of this pressure thats built up on my chest. 

"STOP!" I heard a booming voice. One I know all to well. Trent. Max rolled as I came down, almost on top of him.

Why did you stop me? My wolf said, OUT LOUD!

"I need him alive." Uncle Trent said coming down the hill.

"Why?" Max asked.

"Because you killed my brother, and his wife, you deserve trial. How the trial will go depends on what my Niece and Nephews say. Oh and the trial of the 9 Royals." Trent answered. Looking like he wanted to kill Max himself.

"Trail of the 9 Royals? There are no Royals." Max smiled. "There all dead for at least thousands of years. Not one has been seen since."

"Have you not seen Lyra mad? or sad or happy? In wolf form?" Trent was looking at me in awe now. "We have the leader if the 9 royals with us. She will make a great leader. I will take him somewhere safe, and locked. Release him Sita." Max sagged to the ground. Unable to move He's giving up.

WAIT! ME the leader of the 9 royals. Not possible.

'You are.' my wolf spoke out of my mouth.

'STOP CALLING ME YOUR WOLF. I am more then a wolf.'

"Sorry what are you then?" I asked my spirit animal.

"Better, and only time will tell my dear." with that she went to sleep.