2.- Bye bye, home sweet home; Hello hell on earth

This chapter is dedicated to @Sea_Girl1! Check out her profile for her story and story recommendation

Happy holidays everyone!

----

Brooke’s POV

Arranged marriages, a common thing in the human world. You read about it in their books, saw it in their movies and maybe even heard the real life stories of humans who were forced into marriage. Those marriages were arranged by parents, siblings or other family members of the humans.

With us, Werewolves, it was different. Our mate bonds were arranged by a higher power, the Creator of the moon. But even though we didn’t have the option to choose our mates, it was still in our nature to feel that pull and chemistry towards our mates. That bond was awakened the second you lay eyes on your mate. There was no need to arrange anything, the Creator took care of it all. But why was I being forced into a arranged mate bond, when I had already found my mate?

He wasn’t alive anymore, but that didn't change the fact that he was my mate.

I placed the bouquet of flowers at the exact same spot where my mate, Michael, had took his last breath. “I promise I will always love you, always remember you and always keep that spot reserved in my heart, just for you,” I whispered, wiping away a tear that had managed to spill.

I had promised myself not to cry anymore and just accept the fact that I didn’t have a choice in the matter, but it was just too hard. The only thing that kept running through my mind was what would Michael think? What would he have done if it was him in this position?

I was pretty sure that he would have done the same. He was known for his loyalty towards the pack. He was the kind of guy that used to put the pack in front of everything, even me sometimes, but I didn’t mind that much. A pack needed guys like him to survive. I was aware of that.

The thing was, without Michael I felt empty and lifeless. It didn’t matter to me where I was, those feelings were going to follow me wherever I went. So if me being miserable at some other pack was going to help ease their lives, than I was willing to do it. Since nothing was going to ease mine. Not that I was convinced that faking a mate bond was somehow going to make other shifters believe that they had a second chance at finding another mate.

If I didn’t believe it myself, how was I going to make two whole packs believe it?

That made me wonder if the soon to be Alpha of Dark Raven pack thought the same about the matter. Or did he think it was going to work? I didn’t know the answer to that.

All this thinking was driving me insane. I was going to a pack where I didn’t know anyone. I didn’t even know the Alpha’s son, who was going to pretend to be my mate. To be honest, I had only seen Aiden once in my life. At the time my mate was still alive, and so was his. That night I had only eyes for Michael, I didn’t even notice Aiden until Michael pointed him out.

Taking a seat on the ground next to the bouquet of flowers I let my mind wander to the moment I found out my Alpha made a deal with Matthew Walker, Alpha of Dark Raven pack. I had just finished teaching a class of young Wolves, who hadn’t shifted yet, and was heading out of the pack house when I overheard a conversation between my father and Alpha Lucas. My first instinct told me to keep walking and mind my own business, that was what a good pack member would have done. A good pack member would not eavesdrop on her Alpha. But when I heard my name being dropped I stopped in my tracks.

The door was ajar, a big mistake on their part, so it was pretty easy to follow the conversation since I had heightened senses.

“It’s the only way they won’t demand blood,” Alpha Lucas had told my father.