Chapter 4 - Long Lost

Hey, cupcakes! Hope you guys are liking this story. Super sorry for any slow updates on stuff, life is super killer busy, and writers block is kicking me while I'm down. Enjoy!

After hours or driving, Darcy arrived at a large tower with the number four on the side. She parked her bike and pulled the helmet off her head, resulting in the ever annoying helmet-hair. She tamed it by throwing the curled hair into a ponytail, grabbed her purse, and walked confidently through the doors. She received many strange looks, though not the kind she would have gotten as a known mutant. Most of the people in the lobby were older than her, and plenty were military. A young woman in her twenties dressed in leather was certainly out of place. She ignored the strange looks and sudden quiet, walking straight up to the desk, and removing her sunglasses. The only other person even close to her age was the man at the desk, who was organizing the desk around him.

"Unless you have an appointment, wait over by the coffee table. I'm sure Mr. Storm will be able to fit in an autograph later." Darcy laughed, causing the man to look up in shock, staring once he saw her face. The rest of the room watched, confused.

"Actually, I do have an appointment. And, I don't need an autograph." The man fumbled with the computer in front of him, causing many of the older ladies to chuckle. He cleared his throat, trying to seem professional.

"Name?"

"Xavier." The Professor had told her that the appointment was under his name.

"Ah, yes. You are free to head up, miss. Mr. Richards should be waiting for you." She thanked him, and got in the elevator, heading to the proper level.

She stepped off and headed through the corridor and down the steps, stopping in the middle of the cluttered work-space. She hadn't expected Reed to be there when she arrived, of course. Darcy had known Reed her entire life He was always busy with something. She wandered about, eventually looking at a design meant to use cold fusion to run a car.

Reed came out of another room, having been notified that he had an appointment with a you woman representing the Xavier School. He looked around, and saw a woman standing with her back to him, looking at one of his designs. Suddenly, she spoke, and something about her seemed familiar. She reminded him of his niece, who he, Sue, and Johnny had been looking for for almost eleven years. Ben had become too discouraged to help.

"This one's not going to work." Reed was annoyed, but attempted to hide it with a smile, which was unnecessary as her back was to him. Darcy heard the annoyance in his voice, and rolled her eyes as he spoke.

"I understand your doubt, but I am confident in my idea, Miss Xavier." Darcy chuckled slightly at that. Reed watched, confused, as she spoke again.

"I don't doubt the idea, only the design. Look here." She grabbed a pen, and he walked over, watching the adjustments she made, and not looking at her face, which had been properly hidden from him until now. "These two have to be switched, our you're gonna blow this place up." She straightened, allowing Reed to see the changes she had made.

"You're right! Thank you, Miss Xavier."

"You're welcome, but my name isn't Xavier."

"Oh?" Reed said, straightening and looking at the pen in the hand she extended towards him, taking it. "What is it then?"

"Grimm." Reed's head shot up to look at her, getting the first look at her face. She looked so much like when she was younger, even her smile. She was more mature, had grown taller, and her hair was longer and curled, but it was still her.

"Darcy?" He asked in shock. She grinned even wider.

"That's me. Hey, Uncle Reed." He pulled the girl into a hug, both laughing happily. Susan came into the scene, and spoke up.