Chapter 3 - Here We Go

Hey cupcakes! I really hope ya'll are liking this story, it is the longest one I have written at this point, not on here yet, but I have chapters ready to type up and go. I started writing on actual paper so I could keep up a bit better when I'm in school, so I'm going to do this for a while I think, at least until school is out. Enjoy!

3rd person pov

3rd person pov

Darcy was out on the lawn with her students, teaching them while Rogue and Kurt watched. She walked to a new girl who was sitting in a corner of the lawn all by herself. She crouched down in front of the girl, who looked up at her with wide orange eyes before looking down again.

"Hello." Darcy said softly, causing the little girl to look up in shock, orange eyes meeting bright blue. She searched for the disgust and fear that people usually exhibited at the sight of her eyes, but saw only kindness and warmth. Her surprise grew when Darcy kept speaking. "What's your name?"

"C-Claire." she stuttered in a small voice. She watched as the pretty lady smiled again.

"Nice to meet you, Claire. I'm Darcy. Why are you sitting here by yourself?" The little girl looked down again.

"People are always scared of me because of my eyes and what I can do. I don't want to scare anyone." Darcy smiled gently at the girl.

"Claire, I want you to come sit with the others to learn. They won't freak out, trust me. Can you do that for me?" Claire nodded hesitantly, taking Darcy's offered hand and allowing herself to be lead to the rest of the group, all in their first year at the Institute. Darcy let Claire sit at the front before she spoke. "Hello, everyone, I'm Miss Grimm, but you can call me Miss Darcy if you want. This class is meant to help you control your gifts and use them to help yourself and others. Rogue is here to help me teach you, as well as watch you, and Kurt is here because he doesn't have a class until later." Rogue and Kurt waved, and Kurt grinned at Darcy, who returned it before turning back to the class. "Now, each of you has a very special gift. You are here to learn to control it with the help of people who are like you, instead of afraid of you. Any questions?" A little boy with white hair and blue eyes raised his hand. "What's your name, sweetie?"

"Jack, miss." She smiled.

"What's your question?" He smiled back shyly.

"What can you do, miss?" All of the children, including Claire, looked at their teacher with interest.

"Well, I'd rather show you than tell you. Would anyone like to come help me?" After a few moments, Claire's timid hand rose into the air. Darcy brought her up, and took her hand, and saw the girls power to create illusions and summon shimmering orbs. Darcy smiled, letting go of the girl's hand. She raised her arms, causing illusions of birds and butterflies to swarm around the children, and the solar system to appear between her hands, shimmering orbs of light swirling around it. Then, she waved her hand, and everything sparkled and disappeared. She turned to Claire, smiling. "You have a very unique gift, my dear. Thank you for lending it to me." They all stared at her in shock. Then, Jack spoke up.