Disconnection

Nadji's POV

The room is silent. You could hear pin and cotton balls drop. Caleb was just in awe. It was a deadlock of triangle stares. Nobody knew what to say. I felt like I was naked in front of the world. I was embarrassed. I ain't move a muscle, blink, my mind just went blank. When I finally came to, I hear the front door close. Marcus left. He didnt stand up for me. Nothing.

"Nadji..... what the fuck bro, you a faggot?" Caleb said.
"......" I said.
"I aint going to ask you again my nigga, are you gay?" Caleb asked.
"....." I said.
Caleb walked up to me and punched me in my chest. I felt a tear come down my cheek but I aint know I was crying. Not from the pain of the punch, but the punch of my secret being discovered. I still couldn't talk. Caleb shook his head and walked to his room.

At this point, I felt so out of place. It fell like someone stole my soul. I went to sit down in the dining room and looked out the window. I wished that this was all a bad dream. I tried blinking, pinching myself, nothing worked. I felt like I disappointed my family. God forbids my parents finding out that I'm gay. I hope Caleb never tells anyone. Im not ready to come out yet.

I then hear the doorknob jiggle but I didnt care at that point. It was my parents. My father came in first then my mother greeting me before carrying their suitcases to their room.

"Hey baby, why was the door left unlocked?" my mom asked me.
"Sorry Ma, I was about to go back outside in a few", I told her.
"Well, dont do that again. Just because we live in the suburbs dont mean shit, ya hear"? My mom said.
"Yes ma'am", I said.
As she put her purse down on the counter as she was getting ready to cook, she asked,"South Carolina was so damn boring. We didn't even get to go to the beach. Anyway, you hungry baby boy?"

I shook my head no.

My mom looked at me and noticed my lost facial expression. I hate that I wear my heart on my sleeve.

"Baby are you okay?" Ma asked me as she was about to bake some chicken.
"Yes ma'am, I am just tired." I said trying to change my face to look happy.
"Well at least eat before you sleep," she said.

*a hour later*

Everyone is at dinner as were saying grace over the food mama made. She made baked chicken with brocolli and cheese.
".... In Jesus name we pray, Amen", dad said.
Dinner was so awkward. I mean the food was anunxMe and Caleb did not make eye contact with each other. He ate his chicken and paid no mind to me or anyone else.
"Y'all didnt miss us too bad, did you?" mom asked while chowing down.
I was so terrified of him because of my secret.

After dinner, I was laying down getting ready for school the next day. My phone vibrated that indicated a text message.

*****Vibration****
Marcus 10:34p.m.
-Wyd

I ignored him. Right now, I did not want to talk to him. He hurt me when he aint say anything. He ran on me when I needed him to reassure me.

*****Vibration*****
Marcus 10:39p.m.
-You probably asleep, I will talk to you in class tomorrow😘. Sleep tight.

What is wrong with this nigga? Why doesn't he see that he hurt me. Its okay though because I got something for his ass when I see him.

Marcus' POV

I'm laying in my bed starinh at the sky waiting on Nadji to reply. I know that this nigga got my text message, who the hell is he fooling. I swear that nigga is so damn moody, it drives me crazy. Whatever though I will see him second period so he gon quit acting like this.

*footsteps*

Awe fuck that's my pops coming. I quickly hide my phone under my pillow and act like I am sleeping. He comes in to check if I am asleep. He gets pissed if I aint asleep past 10 pm because he dont want excuses on my grades or my performance on the field. I heard my door creak in.
He looks at my face to make sure I'm out cold. When he closes my door, I check to see if Nadji text me back but I still aint get a reply. My pops is the great Marcus Yates Sr., the superbowl champion for the Baltimore Ravens.
He wants me to follow in his footsteps and go pro for football and play for the Ravens as well as become a Que. It seems like a good idea except..... I dont know how the NFL nor fraternities would work with a dude that like dudes. I never had interest in bitches so I have always been gay.
I can see how dudes will instantly think I'm staring at them in the locker room and shower and I don't know if I'm ready for that stress. After my dad closes my door, I stared at the ceiling above the room and wondered, how would it feel to be straight? I thought about my life, how different it would be ya now? I heard the footsteps in my house again to see if I truly was asleep. This house big as hell yet you want to check on me. Anyways I'm taking my ass to sleep since pops keep popping up on me.

Man, I miss my sweetest thing.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
-Did y'all enjoy the fourth chapter? Do you think Marcus was wrong for running out on Nadji or is Nadj just tripping? Please leave votes and comments below and don't be afraid to drop feedback😏. Thanks y'all.