Because

Credence stood as far from his adoptive mother as possible without being scolded. He reached out a shaky hand of leaflets to passerby and people in the crowd that was formed around him. His eyes stayed on his feet, but a girl came through that nobody could ignore. She had blonde hair down to her waist and was dressed in an oversized, brightly dyed, button-up shirt. She had on blue jeans and brown boots. Around her neck and wrists had to be a dozen necklaces and bracelets, and around her head a chain of daisies. Light freckles danced across her skin and light hit her baby blue eyes. She stopped in the crowd for a while, a few people still staring, but most were distracted by a man falling.
"So sorry, it was my case." Another man, this one British, apologised.
"You, child, what brings you here?" Credence's mother, Mary, asked the man.
"I was just passing by, I suspect you should ask that question to someone else here, I'll let you take a guess who." The brit's eyes glanced over to the girl as he laughed the slightest bit. He then ran off inside the building behind Mary. Mary glanced at the girl, apparently expecting an answer to her previous question. The girl simply smiled and continued on.
Credence heard her sing as she passed beside him and paused a moment, taking a leaflet as she went.
"Love is old, love is new, love is all, love is you." Her voice was beautiful, and Credence kept replaying it in his mind, he found it somewhat calming.

"Were ya lookin for this guy?" The girl held up a niffler to the brit from before. "Hey, ain't you Newt Scamander? The magizoologist?"
"Yes, and yes, again, how did you know that? And who are you exactly?" He asks.
"I'm Lucy, and I know that because something went wrong when I was trying to get back to a class I missed at school. I used a time-turner, you see, those won't be invented for another ten years, but it's a little necklace thing that helps you travel through time. You, my friend, have written an award wining book on magical creatures. It's changed views on the creatures for many people. I'm part of a protest group agai- oh, you don't care. Well, here's Niffles," She handed Newt his niffler," I'll get goin', and you should obliviate that muggle if you know what's best for you. This is 1926 America after all." She jabbed a finger at the pudgy muggle beside him.
"You named my niffler?"
"Yep." She winked and walked off.

"Niffles, huh, I kinda like it." He spoke after she was a few feet away.

Lucy heard sobs coming from inside the house to her left as she was walking down the street, wandering. She paused a moment. She walked inside the open door, a familiar face on the other side.
"Shit." Lucy whispered when she realised where she was. She was at the worst place she could be at the time. The Second Salemers house. She tried to leave without being heard, but failed.
"Hello?" A scratchy, scared, voice. She turned around slowly with a nervous grin on her face. Her look softened when she saw the boys messy hair, bloodshot eyes, and bruised face.
"Hi. Are you alright?" She asked kindly. He seemed a bit shocked by the question.
"Um... No." He answered truthfully.
"Can I come over there?" He nodded. Lucy held her hands up, "I promise I'll do no harm." She gave a tiny smile.
"Who are you?" The boy asked.
"I'm Lucy, Lucy Forest from Ireland." She asked, looking into his chocolate eyes that couldn't keep contact for more than a second.
"Credence Barebone, from... here." She put a hand on his cheek, and though he flinched he felt the kind intentions of her touch.
"What happened?" She ran her thumb lightly across the bruise on his face. He seemed panicked by the question and took a step away from her. "Hey, it's alright, you dont have to tell me. You just seem a bit shaken up."
"The song you sang earlier, what was it?" He asked in a still shaky and distraught voice.
"It's called Because. It's not a song yet." She explained in a kind voice, the last part quieter.
"Um, you aren't from around here. Have you got a place to stay?" He asked, finally meeting her eyes.
"No, I haven't. I'll find one, though." She smiled.
"You could stay here." He suggests.
"No. It's not safe for me here. I can hang a bit longer but I'll have to find somewhere else to stay the night." He nodded. He looked so pitiful, so sad. She brought him into a warm, welcoming, embrace. He broke down. There were tears, loud ones, the house must have been empty, seeing as nobody came to see what had happened. He fell to the floor, still sobbing, and Lucy's arms still around him.
She kissed the top of his head, comforting him as much as possible.
"Shh... Shh... It'll be okay. I'll stay here for tonight." As he continued to sob they both grew more tired.
~~
"Ahhhh Because the world is round it turns me on
Because the world is round ahhhh
Because the wind is high it blows my mind
Because the wind is high ahhhh
Love is old, love is new
Love is all, love is you
Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry
Because the sky is blue ahhhh"

Credences sobs had ceased and his head was resting on Lucy's shoulder. He sat up for a moment. She smiled at him and ran her thumb down his face again.
"You're exhausted. Let's go up to your room. I'll stay there with you." He shook his head mumbling 'here' as he did so. She chuckled the slightest bit and kissed him on his cheek. "Then here it is." She wrapped her arms around his neck once more and stayed there with him until he fell asleep. She kissed his head again and unknowingly and unintentionally fell asleep along with him.

AN: if you didn't read this part of the description, this story will have a song for each chapter, all the songs will be The Beatles' songs because of when Lucy is raised.