September 12th (The Day of a New Hope, Maybe)

I wake up in the morning, and go to the bathroom to change into some nicer clothes that I bought over the summer. I don't want to look bad in front of my new family (host family). My hearing has gotten worse and people almost have to yell for me to hear them. The doctors were a bit worried, but they let me go anyway. The same lady came back with my suitcase, the police must've given it to her. I sit in the passenger seat riding to my new life.

I arrive at the house, it's not big or anything, it's a cute house, maybe a bit bigger then a normal house, painted mint green. The lady and I walk into the house, which is nice and warm, she sits down with my host parents and the tell me where my room is. "Upstairs, 2 doors down on your left". I carry my unusually light suitcase upstairs to my room, I open the 3rd door on the right. I walk in to see blue walls, and a boy wearing boxers throwing a football to himself. I panic for a second, then slowly back up. "Hey!" The boy yells at me and I find that I can no longer move. Not putting pants or a shirt on he walks over to me, he stands maybe a foot taller then me. "H-hi" I stutter. He looks down at me, "get out". I ran out of the room and quickly found mine, got in and locked the door. I could faintly hear the ladies talking downstairs. But as I slid down the door on my back, my hearing was gone.