THANK YOU

✎✎ L I K E  T H E  T I T L E  S A Y S  ✎✎

thank you. thank you all. when i first started out of ink, i was still new and fresh. excited to be able to craft my own world, my own characters, my own emotions.

what i didn't anticipate was how close i'd grow to Nadia, and how amazing the wattpad community is. each and every comment and vote i receive brightens my day (even on the bad ones) and makes me feel like a squealing child who just got handed a lollipop.

so thank you all. you have read the words from soul. from my heart. and that, i think, is one of the best gifts i've ever been given.

✎✎ A L S O  ✎✎

since this story was compiled and told over letters, i completely understand if you just need a general conclusion as to what happened:

so, Nadia and Ethan were at a party held at the end of junior year to celebrate the start of summer break. they got into an argument, one that Nadia doesn't even remember how it started. naturally, she fled into the forest, oblivious to the fact that Alex was stalking her.

Alex was supposed to be some deranged sociopath. he was the loner, dark, didn't have much friends. and, most of all, he harbored a deep hatred for Ethan that stemmed from jealousy over the fact that he was his brother, and yet he got the short end of the stick.

he wanted to hurt Ethan by hurting Nadia. however, i mentioned that Nadia was near the meeting tree? well, Ethan figured that's where she most likely was.

he found her and Alex, and, well, you know how it ends.

~

i hope that it was as painful for you to read as it was for me to write. Nadia was depressed. everything she was made of had been collapsing, and then Ethan came.

losing him was like showing a feast to a starving person, and then snatching it all away.

Nadia had hope, and, ultimately, that's what broke her.

✎✎ O N E  L A S T  T H I N G ✎✎

although this topic is not the main focus of this story, it definitely is a monumental part. nadia lived under abusive parents, and that clearly took a toll on her esteem, her heart, her mind.

abuse is an awful, cruel act that has been going on since who knows when. unfortunately, there's not much we can do to stop it once and for all. but what we can do is save those suffering from it, whether it's parental or with a significant other.

to abuse is not love, it's a crime.

if you have any, any knowledge of someone you know being abused, do something. even if they tell you not to, do it. sometimes showing tough love is necessary, especially when it comes to protecting the ones you care about.

do whatever it takes to fight them.

<3 / lis