Part 5

The video started to play. It flashes quickly with words and then it shows a man standing from a car waving around him.

Announcer 1: Today, the Chancellor presented the latest advancement of technological wizardry to the public.

The man from before is seen at a podium and he motions his hand to the curtains behind him. It shows the BRAIN which is the early version of the machine being pulled into the body it has now.

Chancellor: Comrades, today dawns a new era. Let us praise this new technology. Welcome to the age of the machine!

It then shows the machine making the other machines called bahemuths.

Chancellor: It will create new machines in it's own image! Machines of peace that will usher in a glorious new era of wealth and prosperity for the state!

It then shows a newspaper with the headline, "War Declared!" Next it showed the machines fighting with them. After, there is a picture of the machines turning back against the humans. Another newspaper showed saying, "Machines turn against us!" It then shows a newspaper with the caption "Scientist enemy of the state"

Announcer 2: Residents are advised to pause for a public address.

It shows the machines destroying cities of innocent people.

Chancellor: Science has turned its sinister hands against us. People of our mighty state, join me in repelling the iron fist of the Machine.

The video then stops, with 4 looking dizzy. 3 helps steady 4.

9: But the thing that woke it, it was round and imprinted with strange shapes.

3 and 4 flash their eyes thinking, then flash their eyes in each other's eyes. They shrug. 9 grabs an ink pen.

9: The shapes corresponded. (He then draws the talisman on a piece of paper on the wall) It fit perfectly into the machine as if it were made for it.

5: That's what 6 always draws!

9: 6?

5:(nods) 2 collected his drawings. He was always studying them.

9: I have to see them.

7: What? Go back to 1? So he can lock us away while this nightmare awakens? Never.

With that she runs of the shelf and jumps down like a ninja and runs out.

9 and 5 go through a secret entrance to a dark room. 5 looks on a desk.

5: Where did he put them? Uh... They're here somewhere. Uh... (He then looks under it and finds them) Here. Here. Here they are. ( He put on on the desk) Right?

9 turns on his light staff to see it better. But then 8 appears behind them, and picks them up.

(Later at the church)

1: You awakened what? You fools! I warned you!

8 is sharpening his knife on a block next to 1's throne.

8: He warned you.

1: Now you've put us all in unimaginable peril. And may I ask, did you manage to save 2? Of course not! By following this witless folly, you've endangered everything we work for!

9: Why was 2 sent out to begin with?

1: I sent him to scout.

9: That doesn't make any sense. You don't send the oldest out to- Look, we need to figure out what's going on.

6 comes out from the shadows knocking over an ink jar holding one of his drawings.

6: The source, the source...

He shows it to 9.

6: Go back, to the source.

9 grabs the drawing out of 6's hands.

9: This is it. This is what awakened the machine.

He then shows it to 1. He turns back to 6.

9: What do you know about this?

1 slams his staff down. 8 puts down the block he was sharpening his knife on, and stabs the knife through a nearby book.

1: You can't be trusted. I won't allow you to endanger us further.

8 walks up behind 1.

1: Subjugate them!

8: Sub... What?

1:(under his breath) You illiterate cretin! (Aloud) Take their belongings!

8 then walks up to 9 and grabs the drawing, and he grabs 5 to get his pack off.

5: Ah!

9: Hey!

9 tries pulling on 8's arms to have him let 5 go. 8 hits 9 making him slide to the edge of the "elevator". 9 catches himself watching the chess piece he knocked into.

9 gets up angrily walking towards 1.

9: You're nothing but a coward.

1 immediately turns around.

8 drops 5 walking towards 9 ready to beat him. 9 holds up his light staff towards him. 1 comes and smacks 9's staff down with his own staff.

1: How dare you challenge me! I, who kept everyone safe all these years. Ever since you got here, everything has been unraveling. You're a curse, a fool, guided by pointless queries!

9: And you are a blind man guided by fear!

With that he pulls his staff away. Suddenly they see a shadow stream across the stained glass window.

1: Sometimes fear is the appropriate response. The pteradactyl machine, AKA: The Winged Beast smashes through the clock face knocking over a tub of burning coals. It then screeches after getting back up. A picture frame falls revealing 1 was behind it. The Winged Beast looks at him and approaches.

8: Whoa!

With that 8 pulls out his knife a smashes it over the head. Then soon after gets knocked back. 1 moves another picture frame to reveal a hole.

1: Quick!

8 follows while the rest goes to the elevator. 9 gets tripped by the Winged Beast.

5: 9!

9: Go!

He says barely dodging a stab from its beak of many knifes and scissors. 5 lifts the brake lever to let it down. 9 jumps and slides down with the rope dropping in the bucket. The Winged Beast snaps the rope letting it drop. 9 drops out and on a ledge. While 6 and 5 fall on the one below. 9 looks sown to see if they are okay.

5: 9!

9: Keep going! I'll find a way down!

9 runs out the hole in the window and skids to a stop nearly falling off. He then turns and runs on the building's ledge onto a gargoyle. He sees the Winged Beast smash through the stained glass window to come out. He sees 8 and 1 running on a roof top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is a bad place to stop, but I'm at 1000! So, tomorrow I will write the next part. Bye at 1091 words! Also Happy Thanksgiving!