Part 4

Let's Go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The stichpunk that just saved their lives was... 7. It was a miracle! She's alive!

5: 7!

2: I don't believe it!

Both 2 and 5 gets up and runs to her. 2 gave her a giant bear hug, and 7 slowly giving one back. 9 picks up the shield she had dropped and walks over to her. 5 looks back at 9 giving a big smile and then looks back at 7.

5: You've come back!

7: I never left.

She grabs the map he lost from her back and gives it to 5.

7: You finally decided to join the fight.

9 comes from behind 5 and hands 7 her shield.

9: You dropped this.

7 slides the shield back on her arm as she says.

7: Where've you been hiding?

2 is looking at the beast.

2: Rusty, hacked-together, shoddy pile of-

He kicks the beast's head and yelps grabbing his foot. 7 goes over and grabs the string with the rocks on it. 9 rubs the back of his head watching their greetings. 9 looks back and sees the talisman.

5: We did it.

2: Remarkable. I never thought...

9 goes over and grabs the talisman. He looks over and sees the thing the beast was trying to put the talisman in. 9 places the talisman into place.

2: Wait! What are you doing? We don't know what it is!

2 then tries to pull the talisman out, but then it knocks him back. 9 catches him and the talisman glowed an eerie green. Energy comes out of it and sucks out 2's soul. The rest of them sat there horrified. After it was done 2 dropped.

9: Oh!

5: No! 2!

The machine that sucked 2's soul, started to power up. It slowly made the earth around it shift. 9, 5, and 7 run onto a conveyor belt. At the end of it was a hole. They all stop abruptly at the edge. They saw the machine rip through the banner that was on it. 5 starts to shove a grappling hook in the crossbow. 7 looked above the edge and sees a lever. 7 grabs 5's arm, aims the crossbow, and fires it. While 5 holds the grappling hook, 7 and 9 hold on to him.

5: Whoa!

7: Jump!

The lever pulls down from their weight turning on the next conveyor belt. 9 and 5 landed on the conveyor belt while 7 just missed and grabs a piece of metal on the side. 9 and 5 continue on the conveyor belt, dodging the mechanics that used to make something. After dodging a few, 9 pushes 5 and himself off the conveyor belt. Meanwhile 7 is trying to get up from the metal she is hanging on to. The machine looks at her with its big red eye. And 7 turns to look at it. 7 gasps. On the ground, 9 is picking up his staff turning it on which gets the machine's attention.

5: Hurry! Quick!

He and 9 run away. With that the machine draws back its attention on the place where 7 was only to find, she's gone. 5 and 9 run through a hole in a piece of wall. The machine breaks it making it dust. When in the dust, 9 and 5 hide behind a gear. The machine starts to look for them behind various items. The machine goes to grab the gear 9 and 5 are behind but it hears a clanking sound. The machine goes to it and finds the string with rocks connected to a gear. The machine smashes it to pieces in anger. 9 and 5 slowly comes out from the cog. 7 drops in front of them.

7: What are you waiting for?

They all then run to a pipe to the exit.

7: Keep up! Come on!

The machine almost grabs 9 and it rips off part of the pipe they were in, right off. They keep on running, and the machine sparks in anger. When the get out 7 motions them to a container. 5 immediately drops down and starts sobbing.

5: I knew we shouldn't have come! Why?

He then lunges towards 9.

5: Why would you do that?

9: I didn't know! I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

5 then let's go of his grip on 9.

7: What were you thinking?

They all hear a loud noise come from the factory and a smoke cloud comes out of a chimney at the top.

5: What is it going to do?

7: I know where we can find answers.

With that she pulls down her mask and gets up. She starts to walk, 5 and 9 following her. Inside the factory, the machine was making something. The machine made a pteradactyl of machine and it screeches.

9, 7, and 5 are walking in a library. 9 sees a painting of Earth before the war. He holds up his light staff to look at it better. 5 looks at it with him.

9: Is this, what it was like?

7: Keep up!

7 got their attention as they walk past the painting. They walk into a broken globe to see a large collection of books. They also see a large jar with two snakes attacking each other in it. Two identical heads pop out from behind it.

5: Oh! They've been here? The whole time?

They run up to him as he ruffles their non-existing heads.

9: Twins.

3 and 4  look at him and hide behind 5 and 7.

7: They've been hiding here. Lost in the past. Looking for answers.

3 and 4 run over to 9 and their eyes flash while they are examining him. 5 laughs and 7 covers her mouth to shield her giggles.

7: Oh. They're cataloging.

4 opens 9's zipper startling him.

9: Whoa!

He tries to cover himself with his hand. After a second they see his light staff they grab the light bulb right out of it. They flash their eyes multiple times at the bulb. 9 then zips himself back up.

7: We need you're help. We awakened something.

9: No. I awakened something. Something terrible.

3 and 4 flash in each others eyes and then they run off giving 9 his light bulb back. They go to the big book in the middle of the room. They start to flip the pages. When 9 saw a picture of it, he said.

9: That's it!

They then pulled the rope that acted as a book mark which revealed a tag. They took an elevator to the tag. They walk on to the shelf with the tag on it. They show 9 a newspaper from 1930's showing the scientist with the machine. 4 flashes their eyes at a wall to show a video.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There! That's over 1000! See ya with 1158 words! Bye!