Mr. Puppysaurus (A Jonghyun one shot - SHINee)

_____ sighed to herself and leaned on the counter boredly. The dogs in their cages wagged their tails as a long stream of drool dribbled down their mouths. Cats and kittens with their sleek coats of fur lounged on their cozy beds taking their cat naps. Fishes varying from an assortment of sizes and colors swam in their blue tanks. Turtles and other reptiles tanned under the soft, warm light of their lamps. Parrots and parakeets continued to squawk in protest, much to _____'s displeasure. Yup, this was just another ordinary day working at the pet store.

Having a job at the pet store was not the first job that she would have chosen. The last thing she wanted to do was sweep up fur or loose her hearing from all the animal sounds at once. But she needed the money so working here isn't that bad right? Just then, a pigeon escaped from it's cage and swooped down near her arm leaving a little gift.

"Ewwww...," she shivered and rushed to the bathroom to clean off the bird poop off her arm.

Muttering to herself about how she hated birds, she spent the next 15 minutes trying to capture the pigeon that thought it was funny to go use the bathroom on her. Giving up, she slumped in her chair next to the register and pouted in defeat. The pigeon landed right in front of her on the desk and stared at her.

'Go ahead. I dare you to catch me. I'm too fast for you.' The pigeon's eyes seemed to speak out to her.

Slowly, _____ sat up upright and stared at it. She wanted to time her capture perfectly. 1...2...3! She lunged forwards and successfully held the pigeon in her hands. Before the bird can throw a fit, she quickly placed it into it's cage and locked it from escaping again.

"Your not leaving your cage for a long time," she told the bird while putting emphasis on 'long'.

She smirked and turned around only to step on dry pet food. Puzzled, she looked over to her desk where multiple bags of pet food were knocked over, spilling it's contents all over the floor.

"Omo!" she cried out and rushed over to stop the spilling.

After closing up the bags, she sighed at the huge mess she had to clean. Today is not her day. Grabbing a dustpan and a handheld broom, she bent down and began sweeping up the mess. She was so busy cleaning and muttering to herself that she didn't hear the door chime and see 5 people coming in.

"Does someone even work here, Onew hyung?" one of them spoke in a deep manly voice.

"Molla, Minho. I don't see anyone else in the store beside us,” another voice observed.

“Omo! Look at all the animals!” an excited voice sung.

“Key umma~! I want one~! Can we ask manger hyung to get one?” someone pleaded adorably.

“Taeminnie-ah, you know that he'll say no. Especially since Jonghyun already has Roo,” 'Key umma' said.

Finally realizing her company, _____ abruptly stood up, bumping her head against the bottom of her desk with a loud 'oomph'. Rubbing her head, she stood up properly and bowed sheepishly.

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Are you all looking for something specific?” she asked shyly.

“Aniyo, we're just looking around,” the one named Onew replied.

“You don't mind, right cutie?” the one with light brown hair with blonde tips winked.

'Key umma' whacked him over the head and shook his head disapprovingly. “Yah Bling, stop flirting with the pretty worker. Aish, you never change, do you?” he said more as a statement then a question.

'Bling' gave a puppy pout and rubbed his head. _____'s stomach felt giddy at how cute he looked with his puppy pout. The 5 handsome strangers split up to different parts of the store. The skinny guy with the mushroom top hair skipped over to the kittens with the diva-ish one following after him like a mom watching over her child. The one with the deep and manly voice went to see the fish tanks along with the eldest guy (who by the way tripped on his own foot, nearly crashing into the pile of pet toys), leaving 'Bling' to go play with the puppies.

_____ recalled the names that the guys addressed each other in her head. 'Onew, Minho, Key, Taemin and Jonghyun. Their names sound familiar. Plus, they look like I've seen them before. TV maybe?'

Her watch beeped on her wrist along with a puppy face flashing along with the time. It was time to feed the puppies. She walked over to the puppy corner with a bag full of treats and dog food in her hand. Immediately, a swarm of adorable puppies crowded around her feet. Laughing, she bent down to pour the contents of her dog food bag into the many feeding bowls. There was a shuffling noise and _____ heard the scattering noise of dog food being poured into the feeding bowls beside her by the handsome stranger 'Bling'.

“It's okay! I can handle this on my own,” she protested.

“It's fine. You look like you need a bit of help. Or do you want to fend off this army of puppies on your own?” he chuckled.

She giggled and smiled, “Kamsahamnida~.”

“So, what's your name?” he asked as he filled the last bowl of food and watched the tiny little beings devour their lunch.

“_____,” she replied. She didn't usually give out her name to people she didn't know but for him, she let it slide this time.

“_____. A beautiful name for an even more beautiful girl,” he winked.

She blushed at the compliment and smiled in thanks. “And may I ask for yours?”

He stared at her confused. He was expecting her to already know his name. Chuckling a bit, he responded, “You'll find out later on.”

A bit puzzled at his response, she nodded anyway and watched him play with the puppies that had already finished their lunch. In a daze, she observed the boy in front of her. He had a wide, perfectly sculpted jawline that outlined his face. A playful smile played on his full lips. His hair was a bit disheveled due to the multiple puppies pouncing on him. But the thing that attracted her the most was his eyes.

They had a mischievous and playful glint in them that seemed to allure her. He had rich dark brown eyes that seemed different from any other pair of dark brown eyes she had ever witnessed before. The way his eyes widened a bit when he pouted reminded her of a cute puppy. However, the way he narrowed his eyes to closely look at one puppy's fur pattern reminded her of a dinosaur.

“Mr. Puppysaurus...,” she thought out loud.

“What?” 'Bling' replied with a grin, obviously amused at his nickname.

“Omo! Did I say that out loud?” _____ exclaimed and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

“Cute...,” he laughed and ruffled her hair.

“Bling! We're leaving now! Pali!” the eldest guy called out.

“Arasso! I'll be out in a minute!” he yelled back.

Sighing, he turned to her and with a reluctant smile he said, “I have to go, _____-ah.”

A bit sad, she nodded. “Arasso. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Puppysaurus.”

He laughed and slipped something into her hand. Taking her other hand, he placed a soft kiss on it. ______ blushed and her heart raced and pounded against her chest so hard that she was pretty sure he could hear it. Satisfied that he charmed her, he winked one last time and left. _____ breathed out a deep sigh when she noticed that she was holding her breath. Taking a look at the slip of paper, it read:

“xxx-xxx-xxxx Here's my number. Give me call. I have time for you anytime, babe~. Love, Mr. Puppysaurus aka SHINee's Kim Jonghyun <3," she read.

Smiling to herself, _____ happily played with the Siberian husky puppy in front of her when reality finally dawned on her.

“SHINEE'S, KIM JONGHYUN?!?!?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one shot is dedicated to RAWR198! You requested this a loooooooong way back and I'm sorry for the delay. I hope this made up for it. This one shot is also dedicated to SHINee's Jonghyun himself! Happy Birthday, Jjong oppa! You are now 22 years old! Shawols around the world wish you a happy birthday! Saranghae, oppa! SHINee fighting! :D <3