Leaving the Gates

//wow hi it's been a little while hasn't it? Sorry! I haven't been inspired and school has been hell, thank god it's winter break now. This part is really shitty you're gonna have to forgive me.. But I do hope you enjoy. (:

Morning came too early. Honestly it's been a long time since it hasn't. It wasn't very long after we left the gates when the red flares started going off. I turned my head away from them afterwards, trying not to think about what the soldiers setting them off were going through. I was under strict orders to stay with Levi's squad and the others, not to leave their sight. Of course. I'm still seen as a huge fucking threat. Whatever.
"Did you see that?! Black smoke!" Petra pointed to our right.. And there it was. The signal for an abberant. I hope they kill it. It must have been killed after a while the flares stopped going off. Think positive Eren.
"Yeager you alright?" Levi called over his shoulder. I nodded a yes, and smiled weakly, remembering sleeping in his arms last night. It'll probably be the last time we can. It'll probably be the last time I can see anyone I care about.
"Stay focused," I hissed.
"What was that?" Petra came up next to me, smiling.
"Nothing just talking to myself," I assured her.
"We'll be okay. We're probably not even going to your home I'm hearing rumors were just exploring as far as we can this time." Huh. Who decided that?
Why would Erwin and Levi say we were going all the way out there? My thoughts were interrupted with shouts and purple smoke rising from the east. The shouts came from a single soldier riding up to Erwin.
"They're gone! They're all wiped out they're gone!" I looked away from the man and began shaking. I don't want to know which group it was I don't want to know who was in it... Are Mikasa and Armin okay? Is Jean? Shit I forgot where everyone was assigned.. Mikasa came after the other man, following far behind. Thank god.
"It was an abberant...." I don't want to hear. I can't block it out he's too close, ".....coming this way.." My breath caught. I met Mikasa's eyes. She looked so shaken. Why am I surprised we were trained to expect this kind of thing!
"We should be coming up on an abandoned town if we can last that long it'll be easier to defeat the thing." That sounded like Erwin. I hope he's right, because within ten minutes Mike announced the arrival of a Titan seconds before it burst through the trees.
"Everyone pick up your pace!" Levi shouted, "Petra, Eren, Mike, Aurou, come with me. Erwin you Ackerman and Renz lead everyone else and try to slow this thing down." Mikasa and I exchanged glances, bidding each other goodbye for however long before I followed Levi and company to the little town up ahead. We began closing in on the nearest buildings when a blood stained Sasha and Jean came riding out, screaming, struggling to set off flares.
"Go back!" Sasha screamed, desperation in her eyes, "everyone's dead! too powerful!"
"Why the fuck didn't you set off flares?!" Mike shouted.
"Our guns are broken alright?!" Jean shouted back, trembling.
"We'll have to go.. There's another one behind us we're trying to lead it to where we can maneuver easily," Aurou looked at Levi who replied with a silent nod. He jerked his head in the direction of the town and soon we were on our way.
The small buildings were crumbling and dirty, anyone could tell this place had been abandoned for a long, long time. I heard rumbling footsteps and saw two monster outs faces a few blocks away.
"Levi-" I said. He looked at me and said, "I see them too. Everyone get ready!" Our eyes stayed locked for a fee seconds.
We maneuvered to the rooftops, coming up with strategies and I saw-
"Who's bodies are those...?" Jean shook his head. I knew full well who they were, at least one of them. I knew the blonde hair anywhere..
"Armin." I choked back a scream. Where was the bottom half of him... My mind flew back to so long ago, when I pulled him out of a titans mouth and replaced him with myself.. I saved him. And this time I couldn't... My childhood friend. My knees went weak, my vision blurry.
"I'll fucking kill you!" I screamed at the monsters, and began flying towards them.
"Eren how stupid are you?!" I heard everyone's shouts behind me, and soon the gas from their maneuvering gear as they followed behind me. I will avenge my best friend even if I die in the process.