The next day

"We could run all kinds of tests! Just think of all the things we could learn I'm bursting with excitement!- ah, Eren?" Hanji looked at me, concerned. "You okay?"
I nodded "Yeah I'm kinda tired" I shrugged "I'm still kinda sore from yesterday in court.." It was partly true. I was sore from getting the shit beat out of me, but I wasn't tired. No matter how hard I tried my mind kept wandering to last night. Kissing Levi and just laying with him.. Where was he now? "Eren!" Hanji snapped me out of another trance, "Are you sure you're okay? Maybe we should get some food in you, c'mon!" She smiled and we made our way inside. There he was, talking to Erwin. Should I talk to him? I mean why wouldn't he want me to? I shook my head.. It's worth a shot.
"Morning Jaeger!" I nodded at Erwin, he walked away.
"Good morning Heichou" I greeted Levi with a shy smile, should i kiss him? Hug? No. I was rejected before i could move.
"What are you smiling at brat." He raised an eyebrow at me, why? Did he not remember?
"Nothing.." I breathed, hurt. Levi's face softened, I mean it was still terrifying but he has this look in his eyes, like as if to tell me he'd explain later. "Go find somewhere to sit down. I need to talk to everyone," Levi waved his hand at me. I nodded and found a place next to Petra just as Levi, Hanji, and Erwin began speaking.
"We'll be getting new recruits to train, they'll be crucial in our next mission," Erwin announced, in a loud, confident voice, "I'll be meeting them tonight and they're going to join us soon."
"You all know our mission. We're going to the brat's home to see what's really in his basement. We'll need extra training too beca-" Levi was cut off by Hanji, who seemed too excited for her own good, "There's titans out there! We're going to need to know how to deal with them! Maybe we can even catch a few oooh and we can research them! It'll be great!" My heart skipped a beat, what if I had to transform out there, or I died before we even got to my old home? The trio kept speaking- i payed no attention. The things I've seen from titans getting inside the walls was bad... But out in their territory? At least I can see some of the outside world.. I came back into focus as Erwin said, "people will die. It's inevitable. But we're the Survey Corps. THE Survey Corps.we can do it" He shrugged, "dismissed. " always the optimists. No. It was realistic. It was all realistic. I looked around at the friends I'd made... I'd already seen a fair amount of my comrades die- how many have these people seen? How many deaths can someone experience before going insane? "Stop thinking like this," I scolded myself and walked outside. "You're being weak and you're gonna scare yourself. Stop."
//evening
"Love is weak. It's a pointless emotion. I'm not weak." Levi sat in a rocker next to me, good evening to you too Heichou.
"So you're ashamed of me and only concerned about your image." Silence. "Whatever. Goodnight" I motioned getting up but Levi stopped me,
"Shut the hell up and listen to me."
"What am I supposed to listen to exactly...?"
"A petty relationship will leave me distracted-" I cut him off, "so leave me alone then!"
"Shut up brat- follow orders and fucking listen to me!" I closed my mouth. Levi just shook his head, like he had something to say but decided against it. Honestly he was lovely, but sometimes heichou was such a fucking hardass. I watched on with sad eyes as he just walked away from me without a word.. No. I'll follow him.
"Heichou! Wait up!" I began running after him, trying to get his attention. And I did. He turned around with a furious look on his face, and I'm not sure if it changed when I caught him in an embrace. I don't think it did because he just stood still in my arms.
"Goodnight Levi." I let go, taking my own turn to walk away.
"I need sleep," I told myself, "and I better not get interrupted this time."
//morning
I yawned, sleep still with me. I spent my journey down stairs and through halls wondering who the new recruits were.. As soon as I opened the door-
"Armin! Mikasa!" I ran to my childhood friends and hugged them both, but let go quickly and frowned, "I thought you would have changed your minds."
"Of course not!" Armin smiled warmly at me.
"We don't wanna be without you. And I go where you go." Mikasa rolled her eyes. I wonder if sometimes she forgot she wasn't my big bossy sister? There were so many familiar faces with us. Even jean!
"Where's Marco?" I asked him. His eyes looked pained and he just shook his head....oh.
"Alright! C'mon everyone we need to get you ready for our mission!" Erwin yelled.
I waved goodbye, ready for another exciting day with Hanji.