Love is a battlefield (sequel to SCUAH) a hetalia fanfic

A/N: Hello everyone! The sequel is finally making an appearance! This story is mainly going to be in Chrissy's daughter, Stephanie's POV. It's going to be really hardcore, I'm predicting, with lots of drama, OOCness, and of course lots of snapped!canada :D I'm sorry if this feels rushed but I wanted to get it up as fast as I could! I have neglected french and german homework I have to attend to now TT_TT asta la pasta!

Chapter 1

   I never knew much about my family’s history. I knew that my dad left when my mom was pregnant with me. She didn’t say too much about the subject, but I knew she still loved him when at night I could hear her sobs in the next room. It breaks my heart; but the world is a big place, where would I start looking? So, I went on as if he never existed. I’m twenty four now; about to graduate with my master’s degree. Yes, I got my master’s at twenty four. I always was the smartest in all my classes; mom always said I got it from the Swiss side of the family, the Zwingli side of the family. I always felt bad for looking and acting so much like him. She wouldn’t let me say that without smacking me. She scolded me, saying that I should be proud I’m anything like him and that the only thing that looks like him is my forest green eyes. I never saw any pictures of him, so I believed her words.

 “Hello, earth to Stephanie,” Amelia cooed, waving her hand in front of my face. She was my best friend since we were babies; completely inseparable. Our mothers were best friends, so it was just natural.

I swatted her hand away, “What is it?”

“You spaced out,” she replied, taking a sip of tea. She’s been obsessed with the stuff since her father introduced her to it when she nine. I find it tastes like leaves; preferring a big, steaming cup of hot chocolate.

I shook my head, “I’m fine. I was just thinking.”

She rolled her eyes, “Thinking? Seriously? Remember what happened the last time you were ‘thinking?’”

I grimaced, remembering my spacing out during my final exams last year; I spaced out for two of the three hour time limit. It was a good thing I was smart. I sipped my hot chocolate irritably. We were the only ones in the café that morning; Sunday mornings were very slow even for a café in New York City, and the emptiness was a comfort. Unfortunately, Amelia was there to distract me from my thoughts.

“I want to join the military,” she piped up, eyes shining.

I spat my chocolaty goodness all over her, “Excuse me!? Why on earth would you want to do that?”

“Oh come on, why not? Dad said that he’s entering his country in the war,” she pouted, wiping the thick drink from her hair.

   I sighed. War had broken out between Canada and America just this past year when Uncle Mattie got sick of people ignoring him and snapped. Since then, Russia, China and France joined Canada’s side, while Germany, Japan and now Britain had joined America’s side. I found it stupid and tried to talk Matt out of it, but it was no use. He invaded Chicago and Seattle already; burning the cities to the ground. I sighed; figuring that having country personifications as family and friends would serve as my advantage. But in a time of war, they don’t even trust me. Francis, one of my close friends, now hates my guts just because I’m American. Well, I’m half American, but that didn’t seem to matter to him.