Fourteen: Proposal

Chapter 14

Peter looked at Henry, who was dancing, saying something to him. He walks over to me, taking my hand, placing it into his, and wrapping the other around my waist. He walks me over to the middle of the clearing, the bare part around the bonfire where no one is dancing. I look over Peter's shoulder and notice that everyone is dancing about four feet away from the fire in a big circle, going around and around.

Peter pulls me closer, feeling his hot breath and warm skin pressed against mine as one of the Lost Boys start to play a slow, peaceful tune on Peter's pipes. He sways me to the rhythm, circling the bonfire. I smile at him, resting my head on his shoulder, wondering why in the world he would love someone like me.

"Peter, this might not be a secret, but I think I love you" I whisper in his ear.

"I've been waiting forever for you to say that," He whispers in response, spinning me and catching me as we dance.

Returning to our original dance position, I frown slightly, "You seem... different. Is something wrong?" He presses closer to me.

"I'm fine, its just that..." He trails off.

"What is it?" I question, lifting my head to see his worried expression.

"Its just that this island is very dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt," He whispers a bit louder than the last time, sounding exactly like Killian.

He leans his lips in closer to my ear, whispering, "Plus, I don't want my loyal subjects stealing my girl." He brushes his lips along my jaw and down my neck, sending chills down my spine.

"And besides," he whispers in between kisses, "You still have that punishment to pay."

I don't know what to think anymore.

************************

I return to stand next to the log, thinking about the Jolly Roger and home. I think about Killian and how he's doing with the others. I wonder if they had found Bae. I knew that Peter didn't let him go, that would be too nice of Peter, and Peter doesn't do nice.

"What are you thinking about, darling?" Peter asks, walking up from behind me to wrap his strong arms around mine, resting his chin onto my shoulder.

"Just wondering if Killian is okay..." I trail off sighing, sorrow weighing down my voice.

He releases from his grasp, taking my hand, "Come with me."

I quickly follow him, entering the dark forest of Neverland. Looking behind me, I can see the bonfire slowly excavating my vision as it moves farther away from me. We enter a small clearing with a large bamboo cage sitting right in the center.

"Killian!" I exclaim, noticing who is in the cage.

"Dani!" Killian tries to shout, but his dry throat defeats him, making him unable to speak clearly. He points to a small river nearby, "Water," he whispers.

I quickly run to the river, cupping my hands as they fill with water. I kneel down next to Killian's cage, sticking my hands in between the bamboo as he slurps the water from my hands.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I ask, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I'm okay, now that you're here." He looks up at Peter with an angry expression, "Did he hurt you?" Killian snarles, keeping his eyes locked on Peter.

"No, he's treating me fine," I murmer, looking back up at Peter guiltily.

"Dani, please don't tell me that you-" Killian says in disgust, looking back over at me.

"No - ew - and honestly, I don't know what's going on anymore." I sigh.

"Well, I have a proposal to make," Peter smirks.

I kick some of the bamboo bars off of the cage, releasing Killian from the trap. He stands up, drawing his sword as Peter grabs me, spinning me to face him.

"Now, be a good girl, Dani. Remember that punishment? You probably don't want another one." He smirks, smashing his lips onto mine, right in front of Killian.

Oh, i'm sorry that you had to see this, Killian, I think as I am forced to kiss Peter back. When Peter breaks away, Killian immediately grabs Peter, pushing him onto a tree, jabbing his hook in between his neck and his sword pointed at Peter's chest.

"Killian just run!" I cry.

"No, not without you!" He responds, trying to hold Peter down farther as Peter tries to get out.

"Now, why would we want that?" Peter smirks, keeping his eyes on me.

"What 'proposal' were you talking about?" I sneer.

"Just about to get on with it," he mutters, "Anyway, so, you see, only one of you can leave my island. I'm sure you're aware of that, aren't you?"

"Yes, i'm aware. That's why i'm staying." I murmur, looking at Killian sympathetically.

"No Dani!" Killian says, shaking his head, as he releases Peter from the tree.

I wrap my arms around Killian, trying not to cry. He hugs me back immediately.

"I love you, Ladybug," he whispers, bringing tears to my eyes.

"I love you too," I whisper, letting the tears stain my cheeks.

I squeeze him tighter, trying not to fall apart. I inhale and exhale slowly, taking deep breaths as I pull away from him, giving him a nervous smile. He shoots me one back, squeezing my shoulder. I turn away from him and face Peter, holding up the tension of wanting to stab him with my dagger right then and there. I squeeze my fist in frustration as I face Peter.

"I'm staying, Peter. Now let him go." I sneer.

"Oh, there's one more thing that I forgot to mention." I take deep breaths as I try not to scream as he speaks, "You must do my every command, weather it is to clean a Treefort or kiss me. Anything. Got it?"

"Fine. Only if you let Killian go!" I yell.

"You have defiantly got fire, and I love fire." I can feel his smirk wash over his face as he leans into kiss me.

I close my eyes tight, feeling Peter's soft lips pressed against mine. At one point, I enjoy it for a moment and immediately tell myself not to. I can feel Killian's expression on his face. Go while you can, I think, hoping Killian would get the message.

When Peter finally breaks away from me, the only thing Peter sneered was "Leave."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hope you liked this. Thank you for @justthere4thebooks ' idea for the proposal! Ilysm❤️ -Julianna will update again soon