Eight: Captive

Chapter 8

Dani's POV

I find Peter off of the shore of Neverland, overlooking the sea. He's getting ready to set sail with a small wooden raft. Although he faces away from me, I knew that he was thinking of something else, someone else. Just by the way he stood made me realize that there was something he wanted to show me.

Turning to me, he points to an island a little ways away. A giant rock sits on the island. It looks as if a face is carved into the rock. It looks oddly familiar to the human eye because it was a part of a human itself. A skull.

The silence seemed the slightest bit awkward for the both of us. If Peter didn't want to make a sound on this Skull Rock, what was worth trying?After the short boat ride, I step onto the island. A dark tunnel is straight ahead of me. I start for the tunnel, but Peter's arm stops me, blocking my path.

A shriek from the tunnel fills my ears. It only yells once, the last of all I hear.

Another shriek fills the air. "What is that?" I recoil, covering my ears as another shriek fills my ears.

Peter lights another torch on the side of the rock. When I see light again, a girl, who looks my age, is on the floor, hands wrapped around her knees in a little ball. Her brown eyes gleam when the torch lit beside her face. She has a little bit of darker skin tone, hair into pigtails down to her chest, and on her head is a turquoise colored headband with the single Hawk feather clipped. She has some type of a animal skin colored looking dress on, like the color of a deer's coat. On her feet are a pair of worn out moccasins.

I gasped as I realize who this girl is. Peter's voice fills the air, breaking the long silence in between her eyes and my eyes meeting.

"Dani Jones, meet Tigerlilly."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sorry for such a short chapter! Do you like the idea of Tigerlilly being put into Wonderstruck? Let me know in the comments. -Julianna ❤️