Four: Warning

Chapter 4

Wandering the woods alone sometimes could be a good thing. Where one could think about the world, even if the world didn't come to them. Millions of thoughts could run through a single person's head, and they could all be related to the same person, subject, or anything whatsoever that hurts them or builds them.

Now would be the time where I thought of what could hurt me. Pan willingly forced me to shoot an apple on top of one of his minion lost boys' head with a crossbow. He threatened to play the same game, but me as the target.

Someone's whispers sets off an alarm in my head. Heading toward the noise, I stop in my tracks as my eyes land on a girl entrapped in a bamboo cage.

Her lips curl into a bright smile once she sees my face. "Do you work for Pan? Are you here to rescue me?"

My features harden into a confused state. Who was this girl? Kneeling across from the bamboo bars of the cage, I study her. "Pan entrapped you here in this cage?"

Her frizzy blonde hair flips around as the wind blew hazily. "Yes, for many years to count. I'm Wendy Darling. You must be Dani."

Wendy. That was her name. I could've sworn that I heard one of the lost boys mention a 'Wendy' around the camp.

"If you are with Pan, you shouldn't trust him. I made that mistake once. He fell for me and vice versa, and one day, he sent me home, because he didn't want me. He needed a boy, and I was just there interrupting Neverland's non-aging effect on the island. His Shadow came for one of my brothers, but a boy named Bae came instead. I went back for him, but he was gone when I arrived. I've been locked away ever since." Her story makes me grimace, thinking about each and every detail of her past.

"You know, if you were brought to this island and met Pan for a reason, he wants you. If Pan wants you, your whole chance of getting off of this island is done for."

Snapping out of my thoughts, I lock eyes with Wendy, gritting my teeth. "Well, what does he want?"

She gulps. By this, I know that what I was about to hear wouldn't be good. Her words come out slower than before. "Well, Pan's dying. He needs something from the Truest Believer in order to live, to be immortal. The Truest Believer is a boy named Henry, and as to why you're here, well, it is probably something around those lines."

On the stupid gut feeling that controlled me, I ran away. It felt like the only safe way to get away from everything. Peter, Wendy, this Henry that I should supposedly know. What mistakes did she make that I would apparently make? And what about Peter dying? What did he need from this boy Henry? All of these questions were racing through my mind, buzzing in each and every corner of my head, not willing to even take a chance to stop.

Suddenly, I feel myself tumble to the ground. A boy, who looks eleven, rubs his head with his hand, standing there in a pained daze. He jumps in shock when he sees me.

"Are you okay?" I question, feeling regret that I hurt the boy.

"Yeah, thanks," he says wincing, closing his eyes for a brief moment to bear the pain. "Wait, who are you? Are you working for Pan?"

"I'm Dani, and no, its actually way different story than you think it might be," I explain, "but, enough about me, who are you?"

"I'm Henry."

And for a second, my heart just stops. Wendy was right.

"Are you okay?" Henry asks, flashing me out of my thoughts.

"Um, yeah, sorry,"

"Anyway, Pan is trying to get me for something that he wants. The lost boys were chasing me, but, I think they lost me." I didn't realize that he was sweaty and panting heavily when he spoke.

"Listen, whatever you do, don't trust anyone but me. They want something from you. You and I both don't know what that is, but if you trust them, it'll be even easier for them to hurt you." I warned, placing my hand onto his shoulder for a warming support.

He smiles back in gratitude just as a harsh voice filled our ears.

"Enough," Pan forces, "Felix! Come take Henry to his personal tent. Only the best for out guest,"

Felix nodds, taking Henry away without any chance of seeing each other again.

"As for you Dani, you'll be coming with me," he hissed with so much venom, my blood instantly ran cold.

He grabbed me from behind and flung me over his shoulder. I spaced out in an extreme panicky mode. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the sane bed as before with Peter hovering over me.

"Dani, you've been very naughty. And naughty girls need to be punished," he growled with no light in his beautiful jade eyes and that god forsaken smirk on his face.

I'm so screwed.