52- Coming Out

The Story So Far:

Harry has been diagnosed with Hashimoto's. Harry and Louis told one another that they love each other. Niall overheard, and they are only out to Niall and Cheyenne. Cheyenne and Niall danced at the opening of the restaurant quite romantically. Liam and Zayn spent Thanksgiving with Zayn's family and are finally back.

Spanish Version Available: Pride | l.s. [Traducción al español] by InLarryLove

"Are you sure you're ready?" Harry asks me. He leans against the counter and watches me stir the chicken noodle soup Harry and I are making.

"I'm not holding you back anymore. I want us to be free," I tell him. "Niall knows, so of course Zayn is going to have to know. He deserves to know. I just hope he isn't mad that I didn't tell him earlier..."

"It'll be fine, babe," Harry reassures me with a kiss to my cheek. "I'll set the table. The door is open, so you can finish off the soup. They'll just come in when they're here."

Harry pulls out bowls and spoons for the soup just as the front door opens. I can hear talking as they take their shoes off. A smile forms on my face as I hope it is my best friend. He's been gone a couple days, and I naturally miss him. I turn off the stove to let the soup cool a bit before I turn around to see Zayn and Liam entering the kitchen.

Harry manages to say hi to Liam with a quick hug, but I run at Zayn. I fling myself on him, knowing that he'll catch me. My arms wrap around his neck as his arms wrap around my waist.

"I miss you too, Lou," Zayn says with a laugh once he finally lets me go.

"You've been gone too long, man."

"It was days."

"Too many days," I reply with a smile.

"Agreed. I would miss him if he was gone for a couple days," Liam backs me up. He steps forward and gives me a quick hug. "Hey, Louis. How was your guys' Thanksgiving?"

"It was good," I say with a smile. I look over at Harry to see a slight blush coloring his face. We're both thinking of the fact that we literally confessed how deep our feelings are for each other. "How was Zayn's family?"

"They were amazing and very accepting," Liam replies brightly. He wraps his arm around Zayn's waist and presses a kiss to his forehead.

"If someone really loves you, they'll accept every part of you," Zayn mentions. His words send a shiver through  me. "They will accept my boyfriend if they love me, and they did. We're all good."

I look over at Harry. He gives me a reassuring nod, but I feel myself chickening out. Today is the day, but this is not the moment.

"How about we get some drinks while we wait for Niall and Cheyenne?" I say sweetly. Everyone agrees. Harry rubs my back gently as we follow Zayn and Liam to the kitchen. He's always accepting of my hesitance, but he will get sick of it eventually.

Today is the day to come out to my best friend.

"How are the meds working?" Zayn asks as Harry pulls some beers out of the freezer where they had been cooling.

"I'm feeling a little better. It's only been a week, but it's better." Harry gives a smile to Zayn. "Thank you again for the suggestion."

"I can't believe your body is just trying to kill your thyroid," Liam says while shaking his head. "That's messed up."

"At least he's not taking naps as often now," I mention. "I'm just happy that he's getting more energy."

"You just want me to be able to stay up late enough to go to a club," Harry brings up with a laugh.

I've been bugging him for awhile since we've been dating to have a night at the club full of drinking and dancing. Harry used to like to go to gay clubs, but he hasn't been having the energy lately. Maybe we can try again once he's better.

"We should do that," Zayn says thoughtfully. "It can be a party in honor of Harry's thyroid for dying on him."

"That sounds good to me," I reply with a laugh at the thought of throwing a party over my boyfriend's dying thyroid. 

"And we can go to a gay club, so that Harry can try and pick up some guys," Liam brings up. Zayn gives me a knowing look, but I ignore it. Not yet.

"Yeah. He's been out of the playing field too long. We'll find him a nice pretty boy. What's your type?" Zayn asks Harry, but I can still feel him glancing over at me. My feelings for Harry are obvious; maybe he thinks that I'm hurt if Harry ever found someone else. I would be hurt. I would be heartbroken.

"A great person to just like sit back and kind of just like admire what he's like," Harry replies without tearing his eyes away from mine. He has a small, cute smile on his lips. I feel my face turn so red that I have to turn away from him. Not yet.

The front door opens and relieves the tension in the room. I hear Niall laughing, and it's probably just about anything that Cheyenne had said. I hear them take off their shoes before they step into the main part of the apartment. Niall embraces all of us in a hug individually while Cheyenne politely introduces herself to all of us. Harry and I both pull her into hugs and tell her how amazing her Thanksgiving dinner was.

"Everyone grab a beer and bowl of soup and head to the living room," Harry announces over all of the side conversations that have developed. We all slowly move to grab soup and head to the living room. We give the couch to Liam and Zayn since they are the guests of honor tonight. Harry and I sit on the floor since we're the hosts. There's only one arm chair left, and Niall convinces Cheyenne to sit in his lap. She's all blushy and cute, but she still leans back against him contently.

"How's the restaurant going? Zayn and I are thinking of having a date night there next week. We're coming up on our one month," Liam says to Niall and Cheyenne. Cheyenne blushes slightly as Niall leans his head against her.

"It's amazing. We're packed. It was almost impossible to get Cheyenne out of work for one night," Niall comments. "A date night for you two sounds good. Harry and Louis had a date night there for Thanksgiving."

"A date night?" Zayn asks as he glances over at Harry and I.

Niall's face drops as he realizes his mistake. Cheyenne is glancing around in confusion. There's a red blush on my face, and I know that this is it. I have to come out to my friends and not let Harry and I be hidden anymore. He deserves to be free.

"Zayn and Liam, I've been meaning to tell you guys something. I've wanted to say something since Halloween, but we've all been busy. I was trying to comprehend it all myself and adjust," I explain nervously. I feel Harry gently rest his hand on my back as a form of comfort. "Over these past couple months, I've fallen in love... with a boy."

I look up in fear, but instead of being yelled at, I see a smile on Liam's and Zayn's faces. Relief flows through my body as I see Zayn's smile on his face.  I've been fretting over nothing, and I realize that now.

"I can tell by the way you look at Harry," Zayn replies while looking directly at me with a knowing look. I remember Zayn bugging me when I first met Harry. He would encourage me to go visit the boy; he knew this whole time that I was going to fall for Harry.

"Harry? Are you two finally dating?" Liam asks while looking back and forth between Harry and I with an expression of amazement on his face.

Harry nods his head. "Yes. I have the honor of dating Louis Tomlinson."

A/N

Now wasn't that nice?

xoxo raindropkiss1