17- Taken

"You... You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

My eyes open wide when I realize what I said. I mentioned that I took my girlfriend to the movie theaters. That's one way to drop the bomb.

"Um yeah. We started dating recently."

Harry finally turns to face me. I see this look of betrayal in his eyes. "Please tell me you two weren't dating when we kissed. Not the kiss for that protest. That kiss in your bedroom. I don't believe you to be the one to cheat, but those things affect people. Even if I don't like to think of you dating some girl, you better have not cheated on her."

I shake my head. "We started dating after the kiss. It was after I got the flu."

Harry walks away from me. He simply walks over to the living room. He takes a lap, and he seems to be trying to calm his breathing before he faces me again.

"Who is she, Louis? You always made it sound like the only friend you had was Zayn."

I ignore the fierceness in Harry's words. I also try to ignore the fact that he didn't call me by a nickname.

"Eleanor. It's that girl you saw me with before you picked Zayn and I up before that dinner," I admit shyly. I stay in the kitchen to give him some space.

"Eleanor... The ex-girlfriend from high school that forced herself onto you, and you said you never felt anything for her?" Harry asks bluntly. I'm always the one to get angry. I get this little short bursts of this fierce anger where I say something I'll regret later on. Now it's Harry's turn to be angry, but I'm confused as to why he seems to angry at me.

"Why are you so angry about this?" I reply quite loudly. I'm practically yelling at him. "I get that I led you on, and I'm sorry for that! I thought we moved past that though! I disappear for a month, and you're now mad that I got a girlfriend?"

Harry lets out a sigh and runs a hand through his hair. He turns away from me and walks over to the large windows that look out over downtown Orlando. He takes a moment to look out before he turns back to me. He leans against the window. I walk away from the counter and towards the living room so that we can see each other a little better.

"I'm sorry, Lou," Harry says quietly. "I've just always been a jealous guy. I was happy that you're back to be friends with me, and I guess I'm afraid that I'm going to lose you to her. Like I'm finally able to hang out with you again, and I feel like she is now always going to be above me."

"You're not going to lose me, Harold," I tell him with a smile as I walk towards him.

"Does she make you happy at least?" Harry asks. Now that I'm close to him, I see this desperation in his eyes. Something still doesn't feel right about this whole situation, but I ignore it.

"Yeah... She makes me happy." That's the second time I've had to lie about it.

"Good. Good to hear," Harry says before he walks past me and back to the kitchen. "I'll put the meatloaf in the oven, and then I'll set the table."

With a sigh, I follow Harry back to the kitchen. None of this feels right. Being like this with Harry doesn't feel right. Eleanor's lips on mine doesn't feel right.

Maybe with time, these things will become better.

I swing my legs back and forth as I watch Harry place the meatloaf in the oven. I missed sitting here. I missed sitting here and simply watching the green eyed boy cook. I look at the counter top, and I see a notebook lying on it. It's a brown leather notebook that has a string wrapped around it. I pull it closer and look at it. There's some stars drawn in the corner with pen. There's also writing that reads Let us love.

"What does it mean by let us love?"

Harry turns around. He still has his oven mitts on when he spots the notebook in my hand.

"You weren't supposed to see that," Harry mumbles before gently taking it from my hands.

"I didn't mean to invade your privacy," I admit. "I just saw it lying there."

"It's not your fault. It's my fault for not putting it away."

Harry takes off the mitts and then stares at the notebook in his hands. He obviously sees something in those words that are special to him. I want to know more about him. I want to know what he's thinking.

"What does it mean, Haz?"

"I'm gay. Well obviously. I told you that the first time we met. It's just that they always told me how wrong it is," Harry replies. "They try to stop us from loving each other, and I guess I was just speaking out against that. It's nothing too special."

I offer him a sad smile. He looks very sad just talking about it. "It's special if it means something to you."

Harry smiles back at me and slightly blushes. "I just believe in equality. It's right to have everyone be equal."

I nod my head in understanding. "That's a good thing to want. The same hate sprouted against you is the same hate that was based on skin color. There's no reason for that hate."

Harry solemnly nods his head before looking away from me. There's a pain in his eyes whenever he talks about the hate that the LGBT community has received. I wish I could help with his pain.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I offer nicely.

"You can pick this time."

"Titanic?"

"That's quite a romantic movie. Seems more like something I would like, not you."

I shrug my shoulders before walking over to the couch. I know in the back of my head that it's all for him, and that I can't stop it.

A/N

Rough week. Almost forgot to update. Sorry.

xoxo raindropkiss1