Chapter Seven.

I don’t remember the last time my mother called me and I hoped she’d never call me again, but of course, she did.

It was the best day I have ever had; I got engaged to the best man ever, we went out for a big lunch and hung out with all of my best friends. It was just a good day; that was, until the phone rang.

“Hey there” I say into the speaker as Ashton laughs at me from next to me.

“Hello Keeley” I hear the unmistakeable voice of the bitch; my mother.

“What do you want?” I snap; venom evident in my voice and mother sighs.

“I just wanted to say that I’m sorry, truly sorry. Keeley I love you so much; do you want to know the real reason I left?” Tears slide down my cheeks and Ashton immediately pulls me onto his lap and whipes my tears away.

“No!” I yell “I hate you! You ruined my life and you can never make up for it”

“Shh baby” Ash coos, wrapping his arms tighter around me “It will be okay”

“I’m so sorry Keeley” Mum cries “your father… He wasn’t a good man, he isn’t a good man and I know I should have taken you and your siblings with me but I didn’t have much time; your dad hit me… A lot… And he raped me, that’s how Arlie was born. I wanted to get away with you all, my kids; but I couldn’t take you with me! David was my ticket away from your father, I’m not actually with him; he’s my best friend but he helped me get out and I would have taken you with me but there wasn’t enough room and I knew that your father wouldn’t hurt you kids; he loved you”

I’m crying so hard that I can’t speak when Ash takes the phone from my hand and pulls me tighter into his chest, speaking to my mother.

“Hello? May I ask who the fuck you are and why you made my girl cry” he snaps into the phone.

I hear a muffled reply and Ashton’s face turns hard as stone, his jaw tensing.

“You have no right calling! No fucking right.” He pulls the phone away from his ear and yells “Luke? Luke mate, come here a sec” before placing the phone back to his ear and saying “Give me a minute” in the meanest way possible.

Luke comes walking into the room and his eyes widen when he sees me. “Luke, can you take Keels away from here please?” Ash says and Luke nods. “Hey sweetie, it’s going to be okay. I’ll talk to her; she doesn’t deserve your tears. I love you”

“I love you” I mumble and Luke picks me up bridal style as I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his chest I think about my old fear of heights. Luke is much taller than Ashton and I know that if it was three months ago I would be screaming and crying so badly right now. Luke takes me into mine and Ashton’s room, placing me on the bed and cuddling me into his chest.

**Ashton’s POV**

“Speak” I snap into the phone, this bitch made my Keeley’s life hell and could just kill her for making her cry “You better have a good excuse for calling and making Keeley cry like that”

“May I just ask who you are first” the witch says politely.

“I’m Keeley’s fiancé Ashton” I say and decide to be polite, even though she totally didn’t deserve it “Could you please tell me why Keeley is crying so hard she can barely breathe”

Keeley’s mum tells me about how her dad used to hit her and she had to get out of the house but couldn’t take the kids with her.

“You were wrong” I state “Her dad did hit her, Rowan took all of the hits for her during the day but at night her dad would sneak into her room and hit her; the same thing happened to Kayla. I understand why you wanted to leave but you should have just told the truth and taken them with you! It shouldn’t matter that it was only one bedroom, they’re your kids! You should do whatever you can to help them. If it was me I would give up my life for my kids or Keeley and I know that she would do the same so I don’t know why you wouldn’t. And when you gave Arlie to Keeley’s dad, why did you say that she doesn’t deserve to be in the presence of you and your new husband? Babies don’t even take up much room so why didn’t you just keep her with you?”

Keeley’s mum sighs into the phone “I shouldn’t have left them” She cries “I regret it every day, I have been working six different jobs trying to get enough money for a flat somewhere or anything as long as there is enough room for the kids, my kids. But everything is too expensive these days; even here in London where real estate is cheaper than back home I still don’t have enough”

“Keeley has brought the kids away from her father, they live with us now” I tell her “I make way more than enough money to be able to support them; I can buy you a flat if you like, but I don’t know if the kids would like to go back and live with you. I’m sorry” I tell her.

After an hour long conversation with Angela- Keeley’s mum- I know that she is genuinely sorry and she’s a good lady. I’ve gotten to know her really well and I know that when Keeley will forgive her eventually. After I get off the phone with her I walk into my room where I see Keels asleep cuddled up to Luke's chest; Luke is on his phone no doubt on twitter.

“Oh thank God you’re back Ashton, I really need to pee” Luke exclaims, accidently waking Keeley up.

As I cuddle up to Keeley I thank Luke and start to tell Keels about my conversation with her mum.

**Keeley’s POV**

After Ashton explains what my mother said to him I start to reflect on the time before mum left; mum and dad seemed so in love. I don’t understand!

“I want to see her” I whisper as more tears come out of my eyes.

“I know baby” Ash says “And you will, tomorrow. I’ve invited her here for lunch. I knew you would want to see her; I know you”

I smile at Ashton and read up to kiss him softly on his lips that taste faintly of coffee and vanilla; ‘how did I get so lucky?’ I think to myself as Ashton deepens the kiss.

Picture on the side is Skye. I don't know if i've put up a picture of her before but this is who will be her from now on. My dad told me that I look like her and I was like "Nah, she's pretty" Aha. I'm not pretty. :P  >>>>>

(A/N: Do you think Keeley's mum is faithful? Will Keeley's view of Arlie change, knowing that she was only brought to this life because of a truly despicable crime? I only know. ;) I'm writing a new story called 'Twins In Trouble' and I will post the first chapter soon enough. Please read? Aha. )

Vote.

Comment.

Subscribe.

Love me.

I love you. 

~Mickey5SOS xx