XXXVI

"Aaron!" Del yelped, yanking the front door open, barreling across the street in pajamas pants and an oversized sweater towards her neighbor shoveling clumps of snow off of the driveway.

"What are you doing?!" He gasped, dropping the shovel just in time to catch Delilah in his arms. Both of his gloved hands gripping her shoulders as she bobbed up and down, a piece of crumpled paper clutched in her icy hands.

"I got accepted to Denver!" She shrieked, trusting the letter into the air as if it were a trophy. Aaron let out a yell, scooping her frame into his arms in a bone crushing hug strong enough to lift her feet from the icy pavement.

"We're going to Denver!" He whooped, peeling off his coat for Delilah to slip on. Zipping the front for her before grasping her hands, his mouth opening and closing as he debated on how to phrase his next question.

"I can't believe it. I-" Del paused, her eyes scanning the acceptance letter over once more before her shoulders slumped with relief.

"What?" He questioned, tone serious as he slowly ushered her indoors.

"I finally feel safe." She muttered, a shy smile creeping onto her lips before placing them on Aaron's cheek as they embraced.

+
This is new.
But still not the end.