Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

                                                                               THE TRANSFER

        "Swift isn't working out. She just doesn't have what her sister had", Blood said.

       "I know. But lucky for us I have a way to get her back", the red glowing wolf said.

      "But, how is that? She's dead", Blood stated.

      "Blood, never doubt me. I know what I'm doing... Fetch Swift for me. I have special plans for her", the dark wolf said.

      "Yes, Jagar", Blood said bowing.

      "Hurry. The Ghost Moon won't last long", he said staring up at the sky from the canyon.

       Blood retreated down a shadowy tunnel, leaving Jagar to his thoughts.

                                                                              ~           ~           ~           ~

     Swift followed Blood down a dark tunnel. The walls were carved out by an old river that had dried centuries ago. The floor was packed with hard clay. Their paw steps echoed down the tunnel. The tunnel opened up to a room where moonlight could shine in. Jagar sat, his tail curled over his paws, waiting for them. Phyre was standing behind him waiting for something. What's going on here?, Swift thought as an odd feeling coursed through her body. She bowed to him, as did Blood.

    "Good, Blood, You've brought her", Jagar said smoothly.

    "Master, may I know why I am called to your presence?", she requested.

     "Just follow Phyre. I'll be there soon. I have... Unfinished business", Jagar said, flicking his dark tail for Phyre to lead the group away.

    Phyre stood and turned to one of the many hidden pathways. Swift followed, the dark tunnel swallowing her. Blood brought up the rear, pushing her forward with a deep growl every time she slowed. The tunnel sloped downward and turned. The group plodded on through the dark. Phyre's eyes glowed as she turned to face the group. 

    "We're getting close", she said and Blood growled with irritation. "So be quiet! You don't want to scare them away do you?"

    "They can't be scared. They're dead. Let's just keep moving", he said roughly.

     Phyre turned muttering under her breath and continued walking. I wonder what they're talking about. Who's dead? Swift followed Phyre closely. The tunnel pressing up against them widened to a dimly lit cavern. A large metal door stood in their way. There were deep scratches and dark markings scored across the walls and dark figures lay against the walls in the shadows. Phyre stood at the door, looking up at the top. Chains were hanging off the door. A dim purple light emanated off of them like fire. A white light glittered through the cracks in the door. Swift walked up to the door and stood with Blood and Phyre. Behind them a metal door slammed shut trapping them in the room. Jagar stood near the door in the shadows. His black fur was flaming to red. He walked over, his paws turning the ground to ice. As he drew nearer the large metal door opened slightly enough for a wolf to squeeze in, the dark chains holding the doors from opening farther. The purple flames poured over the room mixing with the redish light coming from behind the door. 

     Blood and Phyre grabbed Swift and dragged her to the wall. She struggled in their grip. They pinned her to the wall and metal shackles snapped onto her neck and legs. She looked along the walls and saw piles of bones shackled to the walls. Dried blood was splattered against the walls.  Her eyes widened as ghostly forms poured from the door into their cavern. They floated around the room screeching in a terrifying laughter. Blood and Phyre stood like statues, guarding Swift as she watched with a frightened expression.