Chapter 6

AURORA'S POV

"Hola Leila, tenemos que planificar una reunión familiar con toda la familia. (*Hi Leila, we need to plan a family reunion with all the family.*)" I say over the phone. "¿Por qué no estás aquí? (*Why aren't you here?*)" Lei askes. "Yo quería venir también quería que mi novio para venir, pero él no sabe nada de español. Pero acabo de ustedes nos vemos la próxima vez. (*I wanted to come I also wanted my boyfriend to come, but he doesn't know any spanish. But I'll just see you guys next time.*)" I say. "Muy bien, hablar con usted más tarde. Te quiero, estar a salvo. (*Alright, talk to you later. Love you, be safe.*)" She says, we say our goodbyes and I hang up.

"Hey hermanita. Es bueno ver que guardaste en tu español. (*Hey little sister. Good to see you kept up on your spanish.*)" Someone says and I turn to face who it is, Aaron. "Oh my gosh!" I scream running towards him to hug him.

"Have you talked to Rachael?" I ask him while we sit on my bed. "Yeah, she's on her way. But next week me and you arcade." He says. "Sounds exhilirating." I say making jazz hands. "So, what have I missed since you've been back?" He says shifting his body towards me, ready for me to speak. "I almost died if it wasn't for my boyfriend and this week I got my first kiss under a mistletoe." I say and he looks confused. "Died? Boyfriend? Kiss?" He says. "I was held gun point by some gang members, but since Tristen was with me he protected me. After he got bruised and we went back to his aunt's house and I healed him. We looked up and there was a mistletoe, we kissed. Ot was magical." I say, smiling.

"Tristen!? No, stay away from him Aurora! He's trouble." Aaron says, standing up. "What do you mean?" I ask. "He's a gang member, one of the most dangerous gangs in the city." He says still standing up. "You're lying." I say. "Aurora, listen one of the RB members shot me. They're the reason I was in the hospital." He says. A tear rolls down my cheek.

"Hey baby, I have plans for lunch." Rachael, Aaron's girlfriend, says. "Stay away." His last words were before he went with Rachael.

********

TRISTEN'S POV

I haven't seen Aurora in a week and now I'm back in town. I talked to a few friends like Luke, Zack,Nikki, Jay and Christopher about camping this year. And it's going to happy.

I call Rory

"Hi." She answers.

"Hey baby. Still down for dinner with my parents?" I ask

"Umm, yeah. Seven right?" She askes

"Yeah." I say

"Okay, well I have to go now. Bye, see you later." She says

"Alright, bye." I say hanging up the phone.

I get out my car and walk towards my house. "Tristen, guarda come si guarda adulto. (*Tristen, look how grown you look*)" My uncle Lorenzo. My uncle is my dad's brother from Italy, my dad isnt Italian however. Uncle Lorenzo is my dad's adoptive brother. "Uncle Lorenzo, hey welcome back." I say hugging him. We walk into the living room and Diego, my uncle's son plays my XBox.

I wave at him and then I walk to my room, taking a nap.

********

It's six thirty and I'm setting up the table with my mom in the kitchen. "Tristen sweetie, are you nervous?" She askes. "A little, I mean you never met one of my-" I say not knowing which term to use. "Sluts?whores? bitches?" My mom says and I start laughing. "Mom, be serious." I say. "I am." She says.

The doorbell rings and I go and get it. "Tristen, I can't." She says, handing me the necklace I gave her. "What did I do wrong?" I ask. "I like you so much Tristen, I've always had. I find out that you're in a gang and to be honest I'm not in love. I dont know what love feels like. We're rushing this and I'm afraid I can't keep up." She says, handing my parents gift and shedding a tear. "Whatever makes you happy." I say hugging her. "Thank you." She says. "Night." She says kissing my cheek and jogging away.

I go inside, break the news and go to sleep.