Pregnant

Chapter Thirteen

Rydel's POV

Riker knew. Rocky knew. He secret was slowly slipping out. She knew she would start to show as soon as she got into her second month. She had no time to spare. She had to tell her family.

Riker had promised that he would stand beside her when she told them, and after Rocky knew he offered the same support.

She had to do this now, no matter how much she wanted to never tell the world.

"Ross, Ryland" she whispered, standing in their doorway. It was one of the only times she had left her room in the week she had been home.

"What's up Delly" Ryland smiled, pausing his video game.

"I need you two downstairs" she tried to smile, "I have something to tell you guys."

Ross looked alarmed, but when she put her hand on his shoulder, he relaxed a bit.

She then went to Riker and Rocky's room. She had to tell them she was ready.

Rocky opened the door. He smiled at her.

"Hey look who actually left her room" he joked, half hugging her.

"I'm ready" was all she said. He seemed to understand because he turned the light off and followed her down the stairs.

"Riker's in the kitchen with mom" he read her mind.

When they got downstairs, Rocky sat on the couch beside Ross and their dad, who had been reading the paper.

"Riker, Mom" she said, leaning around to poke her head into the kitchen.

Riker swung around and smiled at her.

'Are you ready?' He mouthed. She nodded.

"I have something to tell you" Her mom wiped her hands on a towel and walked up to her.

"Is everything okay sweetie?" She asked, clearly concerned.

"It will be" she smiled. Her mom looked into her eyes for any sign of pain. Rydel had learned to hide it.

Her mom nodded, and took her spot beside Ryland.

Riker hugged her as soon as their mom was out of the room.

"You sure you ready?" He whispered to her. She nodded.

"I have to do this now" she still wasn't so sure about her decision.

She followed Riker to the living room, and stood in front of the tv, facing the couch. Riker sat on the ottoman beside her. He took her hand for support.

"I have some news" she started, "that will probably come at a huge surprise to you."

She tried to read her family's faces, but all she got was blank stares.

"While I was, um, gone." She gulped while thinking of it again. She had wanted so desperately to forget everything, but now...

"I was abused" she finally continued. "In more ways than one. And I thought nothing of it."

She squeezed Riker's hand, he squeezed right back.

"But when I was in the hospital, they found a mass in my lower chest"

She put her hand exactly where. Sighed as she felt the bump beginning.

"They took tests, nothing came up. So they sent me for an ultrasound to see if they could see anything. That's when they found it."

Her mom looked scared, really scared. She knew that she was probably running through the worst possibilities in her head this very moment. Her brothers had blank stares, like they had no idea what she was talking about. Her dad was trying to study her face.

"A baby" she whispered, just loud enough for them to hear. "They found a baby"

Ross' mouth dropped as if on cue for a movie and they held up a 'look shocked now' sign for him to follow. Ryland looked as if he was trying to piece the puzzle together, trying to figure it all out.

Her dad had now lowered his head into his hands, and sat there for a while. He was disappointed, she knew it.

But her mom looked happy. She smiled at her. How could she be happy that I'm pregnant, she wondered.

"I'm pregnant with Calum's baby" was the last thing she said before Ross stormed out the front door, grabbing his coat as he went. Rocky got up and ran after him.

Rydel started to cry. She knew that her brother was mad at her, and she couldn't stand it. She turned to Riker, and he instantly stood and gathered her in his arms. She cried into his chest.

He felt a hand on her shoulder a few minutes later, it was Ryland.

"Hey Dell" he smiled at her, "I just wanted to let you know that I'll support you. Whatever decision you make about your baby, I'll be right here by your side."

She smiled at him. He opened his arms and she accepted. He held his hand on the back of her head, trying to calm her down.

"Don't be sad'' he whispered to her, "It's not your fault. You didn't ask for this"

She smiled. She had three of her brothers supporting her. All she needed was to know what Ross was thinking.

That's when Rocky walked back into the room. She pulled away from Ryland and looked at him.

"Where is he?" She asked.

"He's in the treehouse" he sighed, "He wants to talk to you"

She sighed. She was about to find out if she had all four of her brother's trust.