Uncles

Chapter Twelve

Rocky's POV

"Rocky did you tell them to come down?" His mom asked him.

"Yea I did" he responded, taking a bite from his French toast.

Riker and Rydel had been upstairs talking for almost ten minutes. Their mom was starting to worry.

Just when she was about to go up to get them herself, Riker stormed down the stairs.

"Finally" their mom smiled, "Riker honey where is Rydel?"

"She said she wasn't hungry. Neither am I" he muffled as he put his coat on.

"Just where do you think your going?" Their dad piped up.

"Out" Riker responded, "I need some air"

His mom turned from Riker to look at him. He looked back at her.

"What?" He mouthed to her.

"Go with him" she mouthed back.

Sighing, he took one last piece of his toast and walked to the door.

"What are you doing?" Riker asked him.

"I guess I'm going with you" he nudged his arm.

"Whatever" Riker shrugged as he walked out the door

"Stay safe!" Their mom called before he shut the door behind them.

He practically had to run to catch up to Riker.

"Slow down man" he called to him.

"It was your choice to come" he grumbled.

What's gotten into him? He wondered.

When Riker turned into the park, and sat down on a bench, Rocky stopped to take a breath.

Riker sat, with his hands in his coat pockets, staring off into nothing.

"So are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?'' Rocky asked once he finally regained his breath.

"Rydel'a pregnant" he blurted out. No warnings, no hesitation.

Rocky's smile dropped. "What?"

It didn't seem real. His sister, his innocent sister, pregnant.

"Believe it. She told me herself" Riker had anger in his voice.

"Who's the father?" He asked, sitting beside his brother.

Riker turned and looked at him, fire blazing in his eyes.

"Who do you think?" He growled.

Rocky thought it might be Ellington. But the two never had any time together because of Calum. Calum.

"Oh my god" he breathed.

"Now you got it" Riker sarcastically commented.

"It's Calum's kid?" Rocky gasped, immediately understanding Riker's attitude.

"That son of a-"

"Don't give him the time of day Rocky" Riker interrupted him. "Rydel's already pregnant. There's nothing we can do about it other than stand by her. We have to love her and support her."

Rocky sat with his head in his hands. After all their sister ha been through, this had to be the worst. Her child was a permanent reminder of what Calum had done to her. She could never forget now.

"So what do we do?" Rocky asked, "We can't tell mom or dad, we can't even tell Ross and Ryland. Not until Rydel is ready to herself. And you have to promise not to tell Ratliff"

He hadn't even thought of how Ratliff would react. This was the love of his life, pregnant with another mans baby. It was just another thing keeping them from being together.

"Okay" he sighed, "I won't tell anyone"

"Good" Riker smiled, actually smiled, "Now think on the bright side, we're gonna be uncles. And that means only one of us can be the little guy's favourte. My money it's me"

Rocky laughed, "Your on bro. Cause when the baby's here, his first word will be 'Rocky'"

--------------------

Boooooorrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnggggg! I know I know! It will get better I promise! I don't even know why you guys keep reading this! This whole book is just boring chapter after another!!

BUT IT WILL GET BETTER! so hold onto your hats it will be a bumpy ride!!

Question: will Delly have a boy or a girl? What should she name it??

I love you all!!

Natalie xxxx