Chapter 5:

Katrina:

The door opened instantly and I was hiding behind Jake. I was such a coward, I couldn't even stand up to Sam...pathetic.

"Hey Jake..." He said hesitantly.

"Look, I have something important..." He trailed off.

"What's up?" He asked warily.

Jake didn't say anything, he just stepped out of the way revealing me. I smiled slightly and waved,

"Uh, hey Sam.." I said slowly.

"Hey Katrina..What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Uhm, yeah...I am a werewolf now." I slapped my hands and forced laughter out of my mouth. Sam's eyes went wide...

"Please tell me your kidding." He said through his teeth.

Now that pissed me off, I deserve to be a werewolf...I'm a Black! Him, he is a Uley..who would've thought. A Uley for an alpha? Ha...

"Listen here, I am a Black and I have just as much right to be here as you." I said ignorantly, he was so getting on my nerves.

"You seriously think you could handle being a werewolf?" He laughed darkly.

My eyes narrow, I was going to rip his throat out.

"So you're being sexist now huh Sam? Is that why you think I can't handle it..because i'm a girl?" I asked, smiling hugely.

He laughed again, boy I was only here for about 3 minutes and already wanted to kill him.

"You can't handle being a werewolf, I know you can't." he said confidently.

I took a step forward and was right in his face,

"Listen, I know i can do this. I will show you I can. I will become Alpha and I'll be a better one than you." I sneered and Sam clenched his jaw.

"Yeah..sure sure. Jake let's go, we have to tell the pack" He said quickly and ran around me and phased into a black wolf.

Jake watched Sam run into the forest and turned towards me.

"Stay near me and don't phase...Sam doesn't like you being in the pack." He said sadly.

I shrugged, fine with me. I don't like phasing that much because 1) Your clothes get torn into shreds, I like my clothes and want to keep them. and 2) When you phase back to human..you are naked, COMPLETELY naked. I wonder how Leah felt the first time she phased back to human...

I shuddered at the thought and walked really slow..Okay, I admit I was trying to piss Sam off. You know what though? It worked.

"Oh course you have to walk as slow as possible" He thought.

I can hear the pack's thoughts even when I am human..But only when the thoughts are intended towards me..Strange? I know..I would explain it but to be honest, I dont know myself.

"Yep." I said smiling brightly, popping the 'p'.

Sam's eyes turned to me filled with rage and hatred..Just what I like to see. I rolled my eyes and looked over towards the gigantic pack. I smiled once my eyes laid on Quil and Embry.

"Quil! Embry!" I said excitedly, they are basically my other brothers.

I ran up to Quil and hugged him tightly, although he was being gentle..'Human' just because I am not as strong as them doesn't mean I am so fragile...I am 98 pounds of muscle!

"Hey Katie!" He said brightly.

Next thing I knew, I was spinning around. Embry had pulled me into a hug and is spinning me around.