When The Black Rose Falls ~Chapter 2~

I looked over to Nick, not daring to even glance at my lifeless parents. "w-why is this happening..." i whispered in a tiny and frail voice. Nick didn't respond for a moment. He just merely stared at the blood stained floor. "i dunno Magz" he whispered finally. "i dunno"

~*10 minutes later*~

I must have fallen asleep or something, because my head suddenly snapped up painfully at the sound of a door opening. I whimpered softly, then i was shocked when i fell to the ground. Scar stood over me, a key in his hand. He had...let me go? He did the same to Nick and he instantly ran over to me, wrapping his arms around me in a protective hug. 

"oh get up!" Scar snarled, and we both stood up shakily. "w-what do you want from us?" Nick stammered, holding me close. I loved me big brother so much right now.

Scar smirked. "you" he said, pointing to me. "leave my palace. I never, EVER want to see you again. You air weak and i have no use for you" My eyes widened, my breath caught in my throat. What?! He was kicking me out?! NOW?! Nick's eyes clearly narrowed, but before he could even fit in a word, Scar snarled, "you, Nick, your staying with me. I plan on testing you here"

I shook my head firmly, but Scar yanked me away from Nick. "DON'T HURT HER!" Nick cried, trying to get me, but Scar was already shoving me out the door. "Say bye bye to your big brother, Maggie!" Scar said with a sinister laugh as he slammed the door shut. Nick's shouts of anger and sorrow rang out in my ears as Scar lead me through his palace. Everything was made of stone, same as the room we were just in. A few windows scattered the walls here and there, but otherwise nothing changed. This was until we reached the main threshold. It was a large room with a grand red rug, and the door was HUGE. Made of plain wood, but decorated with intricate lines and patterns. Scar opened the door with ease and shoved me outside, into the slightly cold Autumn weather. "AND STAY OUT!" he shouted like an old man kicking his daughter out who refuses to move into another house. He slammed the door shut, and i ran.

I ran and ran and ran, not even looking back. Eventually I ended up in a forest and I collapsed on a tree stump. Tears pricked my eyes, but surprisingly didn't flow down my face. I sat up and sucked in my breath. "i have to learn to live out here now" I mumbled to myself. "no going back now"

So, i practiced my powers that night. Fire was easy. Once i concenrated, I swear i nearly set the forest on fire! But shapeshifter was harder. When i wanted to be a falcon, i turned into a pair of scissors. When i wanted to be a cheetah, i turned into a polka-dotted hippo. Eventually i managed to turn into a mouse and i shifted back to  my normal toddler self with ease. 

"I guess that's good enough" I mumbled with a yawn. I looked around, needing somewhere to sleep. I noticed a fork in the tree above me. With great difficulty, i climbed the tree, resting quite comfortably in the fork. "night mommy, night daddy, night Nick" i whispered as i looked up at the sky. Was Nick dead by now, laughing and joking around in the stars above me? I hope not. I wanted to see my brother again...but for now....

Then I was asleep, dreaming of my house and family.

*~*~*~*11 years later*~*~*~*

I sat in a tall oak tree, my slightly long brown hair tucked behind my ears. I was 17, a strong young shape shifter. Well, and firebender. Over the years i had grown. I used a small pocket knife to cut my hair when it got to long- it was now just a bit past my shoulders- and i had sparkling emerald green eyes. I had never seen Nick, not once, and i searched for him everyday. I had no clue where i was, i only knew i was in a forest. Every night i would either seek shelter in someone's tribe or camp, or i would sleep in the tree's like i had my first night of being alone. I always moved. I was never in one place more than 2 times. I never, ever dared to go back to Scar's palace. The memories there were two haunting.

So now, i looked over the forest with a faint smile tugging at the edge of my lips. Then....i fell. Fell right out of the tree. Before i could hit the ground, though, i turned into a canarie and flew into the air. Yeah, i was good at shifting. I had lots of time to practice.

Even though i was a canarie, I could hear something nearby. What was it...laughter? Yes, definetly laughter. I was a yellow blur in the sky as i buzzed towards the noise. Who could be laughing? I hadn't spotted any camps nearby, nor was there an ancient tribe in this forest. 

I landed on a tree branch to see a group of...teenagers. Wait, teenagers?! What?! There was 4 of them. Two girls, two boys. One of the boys was tall with black hair and deep green eyes. He had large, jet black angel wings that were gray and scalloped on the edges. he looked...so much like Nick. He was glaring at one of the girls, who was quite beautiful. Yeah, i was straight, but even I had to admit she was gorgeous. The girl had long curled brown hair and deep chocolate brown eyes. Her lips were a deep red and she was pale. The other girl was watching them. She had dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She looked bored and slightly annoyed as she watched the boy with black wings and pretty girl. The last member of the party was the other boy. He had slightly shaggy blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. He was leaning against a tree, and he sighed. "guys, stop fighting!" he finally said.

I ruffled my feathers and watched.

"Come on Daniel, she started it!" The boy with the black wings said to the other boy, aparantly named Daniel.

The pretty girl rolled her eyes. The tips of her dress seemed to be singed. "oh please, Emment. Your the one who burnt my dress!" she scoffed, crossing her arms.

The boy named Emment grinned. "yeah, but that's only cuz you were being fucking anno-" he cut himself off when I chirped. Everyone looked at me, and the pretty girl glared. "that's not a normal bird" she hissed, pulling a knife out of her boot.

My little eyes widened and i instantly shifted. I was in a pair of skinny jeans i stole from a camp which fit me perfectly. I had on a deep red tank top that framed my body perfectly. "whoa whoa whoa, calm down! I just wanted to drop it" I said with a smile as i hoped down from the tree branch and landed gracefully on the ground.

Before anyone could say anything, the boy named Emment was already in front of me. "hello there. Names Emment" he said with a grin. I smiled ever so slightly, but stepped away from him. He was way too close for comfort. "My names Maggie" I said, looking at everyone.

The blonde smiled kindly at me. "Daniel Gregory" he said. He pointed to Emment and said, "that's Emment Briel"

I looked at the pretty girl, but the other girl beside her answered first. "i'm Lara Bellaque" she said with a sweet smile. She glanced at the pretty girl beside her and elbowed her in the ribs.

"Rosallie, her sister" The girl mumbled finally, glaring at me. "why are you here?" She obviously didn't take too kindly to strangers. 

I shrugged. "i've been wandering. I heard you laughing, and i decided to stop by" I said simply. Emment just continued to grin at me before he said, "do you have anywhere to stay? You can stay with us if you like"

Rosallie growled something along the lines of, 'Emment you idiot'. I glanced at everyone. They all seemed nice...kinda. "sure" I smiled. "just as long as its alright with you three"

Daniel and Lara both nodded, and when Lara elbowed her sister again, she nodded with a glare. "whatever" Rosallie mumbled, and i smiled. "cool! I haven't stayed in a house in a while...actually, 11 years"

Emment frowned suddenly. "hey wait, what are you?" he asked. "Me and Daniel are fallen angels, but i control fire while he controls water. Rose and Lara are vampires, and Rose can read minds."

Rosallie groaned. "nice Emment, just tell the stranger EVERYTHING" she said in a frustrated tone before hurrying away, Lara following her closley. Daniel stuck around, listening.

"i'm a shapeshifter, and I also bend fire" I said with another smile. Emment let out a "yay!" and he motioned for me to follow. "come on, race you to the house! It's great to have aother fire bender around!" he flapped his wings and took off, Daniel following. I laughed and shifted into a falcon before quickly flying after them.

Daniel went ahead of me and Emment, and we simply flew together in a comfortable silence. I had a feeling i was gonna like wherever we were going.