Chapter 8 ~ Welcome to Hell

I woke up in a fuzzy haze, my head throbbing in the most unpleasant way. Maybe it was just the alcohol? No...this pain was worse. Worse than just being hung over from a night of partying. I opened my eyes slowly, my gaze meeting a hard cobblestone floor. My feet were bare, scratched up, and dirty, like I had been dragged. I managed to lift my head, barely having the strength. I let out a groan of both discomfort and slight fear as I looked around. A...cell? No no, not just a cell. More like one of those rooms they have in an asylum. There was a metal door that seemed to be bolted shut and no windows. I was chained up to the wall by my hands, the chains holding me rattling with my every shaking breath.

“Gotta find a way out” I thought instantly and my mind went into overdrive. Knowing where I was was just a small inconsistent detail at the moment. My bloodshot eyes darted around the room as I tried to find something, anything, to use to escape. I was much too weak to shift and I could barely hold my head up.

I suddenly heard the clicking of high heels walk towards my room. I closed my eyes and let my head drop, making it look as if I were still unconscious. The door creaked open and the sickening smell of perfume wafted into the room. I heard the clicking of a pen and the heavy breathing of...something. I sensed more than one person - or thing - in the room.

The next thing I knew, I was being slapped across the face by a perfectly manicured hand. My head snapped to the side and I let out a hiss of pain, blood dripping from four clean cuts the nails had created. I opened my eyes and looked at the person, lips pulled back in an animalistic snarl. I wasn’t too shocked at what I saw.

A perfect woman stood before me. She was flawless, much like Rose, but in a different way. Her golden hair was done up in a neat little bun, light streaks of platinum streaking the yellow color. A pool of blue almost engulfed her sharp pupils. She wore a pencil skirt and regular work outfit, looking like a secretary ready to type away on a computer. A pen and clipboard was held to her chest firmly. What was on that clipboard, I cannot be certain. At least not yet.

The only odd thing was the large black creatures standing behind her, mouths agape and a purple goo dripping from their jowls. They had a short face, eyes as black as their scales. Tails flicked right above their bums and hit the floor, swishing from side to side. They looked ready to pounce, their ‘arms’ (if you can even call them that) raised. They had fierce claws and were bipedal, standing on two legs. There stance was hunched and they breathed heavily. That must of been what I had heard before.

“Maggie Amelia Smith. Daughter of Claire Penny Winstanley and David Russell Smith. Sister to the believed to be deceased Nicholas Lorenzo Smith.” The women finally said, drawing my attention back to her. I was starting to feel nauseous from her perfume. Her voice was slightly high pitched and chipper. How could she sound so jovial when I hung there like picture on a wall?

She waited for me to answer, and I finally hissed, “Yes, pleasure to make the acquaintance” She smiled and checked something off her list.

“Now, I am to take you to the lab for experimentation.” She paused. “Hold on that. You will be brought to Sire. Will you cooperate like a good little thing?” She asked and I nodded with great resentment. It wasn’t like I could fight off these monstrous beasts. How could I? They were twice my size and I was already weak enough.

The woman broke my thoughts by adding quickly, “My name is Evelyn, but you may refer to me as Miss or Ma’am until Sire says otherwise.” She snapped her fingers before spinning on her red heels and strutting out of the room.

I snorted as the beasts broke the chains with their claws and dragged me clumsily after Evelyn. Wait wait, EXCUSE ME, Miss. Pardon my misusage of her title.

I glanced around the halls, watching as they got skinnier and skinnier... then wider and wider until we ended up in a large throne room. And who sat on the throne? My favorite person in the world. My loving Uncle Scar.

“Oh Amelia, it has been so long!” He said with a wide grin. He seemed happy and joyous, but even from where I stood I could see the sadness and pain of the past in his eyes. I narrowed my eyes and shook myself free of his beasts. They slunk off quickly, making grunting and growling noises. I stumbled slightly as I went over to my un- actually, no. He does not deserve that loving title. He is just Scar. Scar the evil lord of...something. I wasn’t very sure then.

He chuckled darkly, leaning back in the medieval styled velvet chair. “Don’t waste your breathe, Maggie. You may as well dig your grave now if you would like to face off. You are much too weak and I could beat you into the ground faster than you can say ‘I’m an idiot’” I snorted at my angry expression, but I did stop. I knew he was right. I was in no condition to fight. I just stared up at him darkly, steps making a barrier between him and I.

“What do you want? Why am I here? Who is she, what are those things, AND WHERE ARE MY FRIENDS?” I demanded in strong tone. At least that’s how I meant it to come out. Instead, my voice quivered. He laughed, probably at how weak I sounded.

“You have friends? Wow, what a step up from when I last saw you. How was that birthday of yours when you turned six? I never got to asking after I killed your mother and father” My jaw tensed and I held my fists tight at my side. He continued. “Friends, friends....lets see if I can remember...hmm....ah yes! That odd bunch of drunken misfits I picked up along with you. Those friends? Oh, they are being stored in the lab. So is your brother, but he is having a panic attack with all the memories of this place and such. But honestly, why do you all not like this place? I think my pets keep it clean enough, and it is such a wonderful loca-”

I cut him off with a raise of my hand. “Please...don’t harm them.” I whispered in a barely audible tone. Scar laughed and waved a hand at me. I looked down as I was grabbed by the dark beings and dragged back to my cell. I was then chained up with new chains (the old ones had been ruined, like I had said before) and left there.

Millions of questions raced through my head. Where were my friends? Were they alright? Were they even alive? And more importantly....what was that ticking noise sounding from outside my door?