Chapter Six

[Troye's POV]

I thought yesterday was hectic. Yesterday was nothing compared to today, and I don't even have that much jet lag left. I'm experiencing a very strange mixture of excitement and anxiety and homesickness, and it's hard to deal with it all at once. The first day of Vidcon is significantly more intense. Brunch with Bertie. Viewers. Registration. Pictures. Screaming girls. Meeting Youtubers I never thought I'd get to see past my laptop screen. More viewers. So much hugging. And in the middle of all that, trying to get used to America... Their currency, driving on the right side of the road, the huge servings of food, getting directions, the busy city. And as soon as I start to think of the upcoming panels and meetups and multiplied hoards of fans, my stomach flips. 

At least I have someone to get me through it. Tyler. Regardless of my feelings for him, he's my rock, my shoulder to cry on, and he's always there to help me through tough times. That thought sets my stomach at ease. All that remains is the quickened heartbeat caused from nothing but excitement.

But of course there's August 7th. I can't push it back further. That date is important to me. No, I can't think about that now if I want to get through Vidcon without a panic attack. Not literally, of course.

For the most of the day, I don't see Tyler. I briefly hang out with some of the other YouTubers in the hotel courtyard, but there's barely any time for that sort of thing. I go back to my room, try to sort out my schedule for tomorrow, and end up falling asleep. Is it weird that when I see my bed, all I can think about is Tyler's arms around me yesterday? Yes, it is. Right before nodding off, I feel glad that I'm alone, so no one can see the blush creeping into my face.

[Tyler's POV]

"Come on Troye, listen. It's your blogging face again. Which basically means I could say anything I want and you wouldn't hear me."

It's 5 pm. Troye just woke up from what looked like an unintentional nap, as I have deducted from the lines of imprinted folds of fabric on his face. And now, big surprise, he's sitting at his laptop, despite the fact that he's in a new country, with so many new people to meet.

I sigh exasperatedly. Still no response.

"Troye Sivan is a dick." Nothing. He only has one ear bud in, so I know he can hear me.

"Troye Sivan is a sexy motherfucker."

"Hm?" he says innocently after a few seconds, looking up with eyebrows raised. "What were you saying?"

"I was saying, a minute ago, before you so rudely tuned me out, that because no one is doing anything special tonight, we should go to dinner. Somewhere kinda nice, you know?"

His face lights up, then returns to a normal smile. How very Troye of him.

"Did you really not hear anything I said?" I ask.

"No, I mean yeah, I mean... Sorry."

I pick up my jacket and phone and add with a smirk, "But don't get your hopes up. It's not a date."

"I know, Tyler," he reponds, too quickly.

"Cool. Start getting ready, we might as well go soon." I start rummaging through my clothes, picking a dark burgundy button down and black skinnies. I skip my usual choice of Toms for some nicer shoes. I don't know where we'll be eating yet, but I figure dressing up a bit couldn't hurt. I take the clothes and go to the bathroom to change. When I come out, after spending quite a bit of time on my hair, I see Troye in a dark blue V-neck and leather jacket.

"Damn, Troye, you look good!" I giggle, and he blushes and grins.

"I would say the same about you, but I don't know... Does that shirt really go with those pants?"

"Hey, fuck you, yes it does!" 

Laughing, we leave the hotel, arm in arm, carrying on like we always do when we're together. We still haven't really planned the evening enough, but no matter what we do, I know I'll have fun, because I'm with Troye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading as always! Sorry it's kind of short, it's mostly just a filler chapter. I have bigger plans for the next couple of chapter (sort of). And guess what? I'll actually have it updated within a week for a change! If I don't, send me an angry message forcing me to.

Also, thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions about my writer's block. I owe you!

Izzy