Chapter Four

[Tyler's POV] 

This music is lame. It's all really bad rap that I barely know. Where are my pop queens at? I go to make a request to the DJ to change it. He can't see me down here, or hear me yelling over the bass. Why is he wearing sunglasses inside? It's really dark; he probably can't see anything he's doing.

Oh well. He's hot.

My face hurts from a combination of smiling and making ugly faces for Instagram. I really hope Joey deleted the one we took together. He's more sober than I, so he'll probably make the right choice.

I see Grace and Hannah from across the room, and I run over for a group hug, but I think I sort of end up almost hitting Hannah in the eye. Oops.

"Woah, Tyler, how much have you had to drink?"

I wrap my arm around her shoulders and say, "I'm barely tipsy, Hannah. And you know, you of all people can't talk to me about drinking too much, you little party animal."

Grace giggles. "Hannah, he's so right!"

"I'm always right, gurl!"

I see Troye walking by and drag him away from whoever he was talking to. "Tyler, what--"

"You guys know Troye, right? He's obsessed with me." I pat his face and wrap my arms around him.

Troye nods. "It's true. Anyone who watches my videos would agree."

I thought I was avoiding Troye. Oh well. He's hot. Especially when he drinks. After he takes a sip, he licks his lips. Jesus Christ. He'd probably be a good kisser.

Grace is saying something.

"Huh?"

"I said, are you guys a thing?" she shouts over Lady Gaga. Hold up. Gaga's playing! The DJ's not entirely a psychopath! Grace says something resembling "fine, go dance," but I'm already jamming out on the dance floor with Alfie, Marcus, Troye, and a few others. I find myself dancing right up next to Troye (no, it isn't grinding, but it's close), and at first he's caught off guard, but then he starts to go along with it, making fun of my fabulous dance moves.

After a little while, I start to notice the amount of people in the room has decreased. Dammit, the party's already dying down! Well, I guess we got here pretty late anyway. A few more songs play, and we decide this party has gotten boring, so the Brit crew, Grace, Joey and I decide to go and hang out in the city. We end up just walking around and laughing at nothing in particular. I still have a little buzz. It's been a good night.

I don't know why I was annoyed at Troye earlier. He's so cute. He can have a crush on me if he wants. It's pretty adorable, actually. Oh, and look who happens to be walking beside me!

"Troye, I was just thinking about you!"

"Oh dear." He smirks at me and wiggles his eyebrows.

"Do you have to make everything dirty?" I scoff, lightly hitting his arm.

"Come on Tilly, you're the queen of dirty jokes!"

Did he just call me... Tilly? "Did you just call me Tilly?"

[Troye's POV]

I shrug. "Yeah, I guess." I'm really hoping Tyler doesn't notice my blushing. I suppose the alcohol has affected the stuff I'm saying, too. Oops. "You don't mind, do you?"

 "Of course n--"

"Hey you two!" Grace interrupts. "You never answered my question from earlier! You totally act like a couple, don't deny it."

Does Grace know I'm gay? I've only told Tyler, Bribry, Caspar, and Zoe in the YouTube crowd, and I trust all of them to keep it a secret until the 7th, so she's probably just being her usual self, assuming anyone could be in a relationship.

Tyler answers her, of course, as he puts his arm around me again. I think I like drunk Tyler even more than sober Tyler. He gets pretty handsy when he's in this state.

"No Grace, we're not dating... We may be obsessed with each other, especially on twitter, but we're just really, really flirtatious friends. Right, babe?"

I laugh. "Right." I'm not sure whether I should feel down-trodden that he just completely denied the possibility of us dating, or whether to dwell on the fact that he called me "babe."

I'm brought back to reality by the oh so familiar sound of Marcus and Alfie vlogging, and I extract myself from Tyler's grasp.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"It's the vloggers again," I say.

Tyler rolls his eyes. "Fuck daily vlogging!" Oh, how I love this little signature phrase of his.

In Marcus's vlog, he is commenting on Tyler's hurried strut, and Alfie can't stop laughing. I didn't notice it earlier, but now I see just how adorable it is. I blush at my thoughts, then internally groan because I know I have to stop thinking about Tyler this way. He's made it clear that we're only "really flirtatious friends." I'm sure he knows that I've liked him ever since Playlist, and he would have taken action if he'd felt the same way. I know this guy. So for now, I'll just have try to ignore my feelings and enjoy Vidcon and LA to its extent.

For the rest of the night, we run into a few groups of flustered viewers, meet Grace's hilarious mom, who gives us little presents, and I do a lot of photobombing. It's been so fun I've almost been able to forget my jetlag, after a lot of caffeine, of course. Finally, we return to the hotel, and after saying our goodbyes until tomorrow, Tyler and I crash on our beds. Tyler stays up on his laptop, but I fall asleep almost immediately, unwillingly dreaming of Tyler dancing, and strutting, and drinking, and laughing... and then I dream of making a coming out video with Tyler in which he makes a disclaimer about our really flirtatious friendship. I wake up at 3 am in a cold sweat, and I have no idea why.

~~~~~~

I HATE MYSELF FOR NOT UPDATING ENOUGH.

Yeah, sorry guys, I see all the other Troyler fanfics with like at least 15-20 chapters... I'll try and update more. Thanksgiving break is this week, so I'll have plenty of time for writing!

As always, thanks for reading, it means the world. :)