Chapter Two

[Troye's POV]

Somehow we make it onto our hotel floor, after being mobbed by screaming girls, taking endless photos and trying to shuffle through the crowds. Tyler and I are sharing a room between Jack and Finn's and Alfie and Marcus's. For now, we're just dropping off our stuff and settling in before going out to lunch. I wish I could sleep for twenty years (preferably with Tyler), but instead I have to do things. Outside. With people. It all sounds like torture right now.

I don't realize how slowly I'm walking until a disgruntled Tyler barks from behind me: "Go, Troye! My stuff is heavy!"

Yawning, I somehow get the room key to unlock the door, immediately dropping my bags and flopping on one of the queen-sized beds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trooooyee," a voice sings next to me.

"Mmmmf." I try to respond, but my face is in a pillow. I turn to see Tyler, holding a tray of food. "Wh--" (My voice breaks from sleep) "What's this? I thought we were going to lunch."

"Um. We already went. I tried to wake you up before we left, but you told me to fuck off, so..."

"Wait, what time is it?"

"Just after 3 pm."

"Ughh, Tyler! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Dude, I tried," Tyler sighs. "Ya know, you're really not doing too great with the whole jet lag thing, are you? The Brits are tired too, but at least they can function. You're just a total sloth!" He giggles.

"Fuck you..." I stuff my face back into the pillow.

"Anyway," Tyler says, "I got you some room service for a late lunch, in case you're hungry."

He sets the tray down on the bedside table and turns to leave, but I grab his hand. "Will you stay and hang out with me? I'm a cute sloth, so I'm pretty irresistable..." I smile up at him and he rolls his eyes and lets out an exhasperated sound.

"That's why you're also annoying; it's because you're so irresistable!" A silence follows this. I think I'm taking his joke too seriously, and for a second I almost believe he actually wants me.

He sighs again. "Okay, scoot over, you." I do as he says, and after sitting beside me, he puts the tray over both of our laps. "I hope you don't mind, but I tried some of the panini. It's pretty bad."

I try a bite. "It's not that bad. I'm gonna take out the peppers though."

"You do you."

It turns out to be a pretty nice, chill afternoon with Tyler. We eat some more, watch part of The Princess Bride on demand, and gossip about the other YouTubers. He still hasn't brought up the kiss from March, which was the last time we saw each other in person. When it happened, he just looked at me with a shocked expression, and I started apologizing and asking if we could pretend it never happened, and well, that's just what we've done.

[Tyler's POV]

I get a text from Ingrid that says: Big YouTuber party tonight! Bring your little British friends ;) An address follows this. It's in our hotel's ballroom.

Troye has dozed off with his laptop on his lap, so I slowly close it and set it aside. I send a group text to the others, reply to Ingrid, and set an alarm for 4:30. Troye looks way too peaceful to disturb, so I allow us an hour of sleep.

The only problem is that as soon as I start to wind down in the cozy bed, he snuggles up to my shoulder, still fast asleep. I'm suddenly wide awake. I can almost feel his heartbeat on me, and his soft hair brushes against my jawline. It's comfortable, no doubt, but I don't realize just how much I missed his touch until I feel goosebumps rise on my arms, and a chill is sent down my spine when he breathes onto my neck. For what feels like a long time, I sit completely alert, subconciously fiddling with his hair. He looks happy when he's asleep, like he's dreaming about good things. I almost kiss the top of his head when I hear a very soft laugh, and he opens his eyes.

"You know, I wasn't completely asleep, Tyler."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soo, I'd really like to work on this more often, but I have to prioritize my schoolwork, so I won't be able to update as much as I'd like to. Hope that's ok!