First Impressions [edited]

First Impressions

With an hour to kill before breakfast Jenna thought it would be a good idea to introduce me to the rest of the girls. At present there were only seven other girls here, an all-time low as Jenna put it. Usually there was more but for some reason it was empty. Jenna had a theory that more and more people were hiding the fact that they were Flawed and attempting to lead normal lives.

We walked down the staircase and there were two girls waiting for us at the bottom. One had chestnut brown, elbow length hair and bright blue eyes. She was wearing a red, thigh length dress with a sweetheart neckline, black six inch heels and a light wash, sleeveless denim vest. The other girl was identical to the first. She was wearing a black version of her dress and red six inch heels. They waved when they saw us.

"Hey Jenna!" they said simultaneously

"Hi Macey, hi Tracey," she said hugging them both.

Jenna turned to face me, smiling. "Clarissa these are the Lavonawitz twins."

I mumbled a hello to both of them and we headed to the garden. Their last name sparked intrigue.

"Lavonawitz, like Mrs Lavonawitz the principal?" I asked Macey (I could only tell them apart because Macey had a heart shaped birthmark under her right eye and Tracey had one under her left.)

"That's our mom," she said sarcastically, "if you can call her that."

"That bad?"

"She sent us here because she said we had an attitude problem," said Tracey

"An attitude problem, that's a bit extreme don't you think?"

"That's mom for you."

We were sitting at one of the tables, admiring the view.

"What's your story?" I looked and it was Jenna. She looked genuinely concerned.

"You first," I challenged playfully.

She smiled sadly, "My dad left us when I was three and I used to act out because of it. One day I decided to burn all of his stuff, my mom kept it because she thought he would come back. The fire got out of control and my house burned down. We barely got out alive and I've been here ever since."

Macey and Tracey were listening intently.

"How old were you?"

"Five." A tear slid down her cheek and she wiped it away. I got up out of my seat and hugged her tightly, this girl was a warrior in my eyes.

She cleared her throat and composed herself. "Your turn,"

"Okay so for the past few days I wasn't feeling myself, I was sleeping for more than twelve hours a day when usually I'd sleep for seven or eight. Then my eyes started bleeding and I thought it was just from wearing my contacts too much so I started wearing my glasses more. Yesterday I had an argument with my mother and for the first time in my life I felt absolute white hot rage towards her and afterwards my eyes started bleeding, worse than ever before. My mother found out and as they say the rest is history."

The others were staring at me, dumbfounded. Macey handed me her handkerchief and I took it graciously, wiping away my tears.

A loud siren sounded and the girls stood up immediately. I followed them into a large dining hall. It had one long table in the centre with four chairs in either side. There was one chair and the very top and I guessed it belonged to Mr Jameson. We took our places and waited for him to arrive. At exactly one minute past ten Mr Jameson strolled in with his hands in his pockets.