A Touch of Poison [edited]

A Touch of Poison

"I could never forget you,"

The words played back in my head over and over again. Things were moving too fast and I couldn't let him get his hopes up. Flirting was one thing but I just wasn't ready for what he wanted.....a relationship. Logan was a sweet guy and any girl would be lucky to have him, but not me. I didn't think of him in that way.

I realised I still had on his jacket so I took it off, smelling the delicious peppermint one last time, before running upstairs to change.

I looked in the mirror on my way in and stopped in my tracks. My make up was streaked down my face and my hair was a tangled mess. Logan probably thought I looked like a homeless person.

I turned on the shower and undressed. I stepped into the shower and felt all thoughts of today slip away. I stayed in the shower until the water ran cold.

Sighing I stepped out of the bathroom and padded towards my closet. I picked out my comfiest tribal print leggings and the white hoodie from my bag. I tied my hair into a messy bun and looked at my reflection rolling my eyes. I resembled that of a fifteen year old who just stepped out of a One Direction fan fiction.

I put on my navy Diesel tracksuit pants and threw the leggings into the back of my closet, where it joined a growing pile of clothes.

"I'll sort that out later," I said to myself.

Walking into the kitchen the cold tiles set chills up my feet. I grabbed a pair of fluffy socks from the washing basket and made myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I picked up my bag on my way into the living room and started my homework. I had to write a four page essay for Creative Writing. Seemed easy right?, well after about two hours of staring at a blank page my eyes were starting to hurt.

"Next time do your homework the day you get it and not a week later, Clarissa," I scolded myself.

I went into the bathroom to take out my contacts and wasn't surprised to see my eyes were still bloodshot from this morning. It was a good thing my contacts hid it or who knows what people might have said. What shocked me most though was that there were small droplets of blood dripping from my eyes.

I quickly wiped them away. Imperfections like this would have me sent to Halewood faster than I could say "Lip-gloss"

I put on my glasses and was greeted by my mother. She was wearing a peach business suit and her hair was pulled back in a neat French plait.

"You're home early!" she exclaimed, surprised.

"I had a half day, don't you remember?" I said suspiciously.

"Honey I have better things to do than remember silly school half days!" she snapped before heading into her office and slamming the door closed.

My mother was the State Attorney and was plagued by work. Or so she said, all she ever did was sit in that office of hers. She spent so much time inside her office that she even built an extension so she didn't have to leave to sleep.

She had been like that ever since my father left when I was nine. One morning we woke up and he was gone, leaving nothing but a note. It said that he needed to clear his head for a while and that he'd be back soon, but it's been eight years, so my hopes aren't very high at this point. My mother doesn't like to talk about it simply because it would ruin the perfect family life façade she's built up over the years. I don't mention it anymore either, I act like he never existed.

I went back into the living room and suddenly found the inspiration to do my Creative Writing. I was going to write about a girl who's father abandoned them to live with his pregnant mistress, who was considerably younger than him. Of course I had to edit it to be "acceptable for public viewing", which meant there had to be a happy ending. Other than that it was probably going to be my best yet.