Blood Red Rose- Chapter One

Angel opened her eyes to find beautiful rays of sunshine beaming though her lavish room. Two years ago she would have danced around in the beams laughing and enjoying herself, but now all she wanted to was lay here on her huge expensive bed. She thought about how her life had changed so dramatically, and it made her sick at just the memories and where she was in her life, but she tried to see in her mind pass the sickening events and where it all went wrong.

Two years ago...

"Alice, wake up. Wake up, dearie. Wake up! Alison Marianne Rose, get out of that bed!" Lilian Rose commanded.

Alice giggled and replied, "But Mom I was having such a delightful dream- a handsome man loved me and wanted to marry me. He would dance with me and tell me secrets that no one else knew. Oh, Mom, wouldn't that be just lovely?"

"First of all a lady does not talk back to her mother. Secondly that dream would be very 'lovely' only if he was very wealthy. Now get up out of that bed, and let the servants dress you!" Her mother said causing Alice to sigh deeply while her mother was walking out of the room.

Alice then slipped out of the bed and beckoned her ladies maids forward, Annie and Linda, over to help her dress. She enjoyed both of their company as it seemed they were her only true friends. Of course she had 'friends', but they all shared her mother's point of view on life of a girl of sixteen years old- Grow up, be a lady, catch a rich man, and have his babies. She however didn't want that; she wanted adventure, fun, and passion. Her mom often said in their arguments that Alice wasn't her child at all, she was all her father's. However, Alice enjoyed the thought; she and her dad were very close. She loved her father so much, and she knew he loved her.

"Ali", Annie said boldly, as she always was bold, "I think that dream was lovely dream; in fact I've had that dream myself a few times."

"Yes, but Madam Rose was right, we have to get you dressed. You are more than aware that Declan Manet is coming all the way from Manet Manor in Sanguinem," said Linda, the sensible one. Sanguinem was the Vampire Kingdom and Vana was the mortal realm where Ali lived. "Oh, just think Ali, what if this is the man you fall in love with?" Linda continued.

Annie said through her laughter, "You know perfectly well, Linda, that Ali won't love him- his rich." Alice glared at the two of them to stop their giggling. And with that it was silent through the rest of the day.

Present...

Angel now got out of her bed in silence and dressed herself, thinking about how simple her problems back then were compared to now. It made her laugh; the sound would have normally startled her, if she not had been so terrified these past few months. As she stopped chuckling, she could hear faint sobs and a sound she knew too well, an imbibing sound. She sighed loudly as anger welled up inside of her.

'That little sorry, lowdown, son of a slut, piece of sh...' She didn't have time to finish that thought before her words came and her body started moving so fast she couldn't tell it was really her moving at all.

"WHAT THE HECK TO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" she yelled while barging in the door.

Two years ago...

"Alice, go start dressing" Her mother dismissively said while she was arguing with the cook about something that her mom claims she did not say, but the both the cook and I know she perfectly did.

"Mother, it's not even two o'clock yet and the guests are not to arrive until six. That's four hours. What am I to do? It's not like I'm old and need that long to put a dress on."

"Don't sass me child. You haven't taken a bath, and then your hair has to dry. After that the servants have to dress you in your new dress, and style your hair and face. Now go and do not say another word to me about this."

After Alice rolled her eyes at the cook causing him to snicker, she had started walking away she called back to her mom, "Oh, and Mother, You know very well you did say you wanted duck and not chicken. So leave the dear cook alone."

"Why is she so wound up about this dinner? I just don't understand it." Alice complained as she had her makeup being put on by Linda and hair styled in the hottest style in all of Vara by Annie.

"Why dearie, I thought it was obvious; Declan Manet is the reason."

"I know that, but why so much aggravation, Linda?"

"You really don't pay attention to what those girls are saying at the luncheons, do you?" Not waiting for an answer, Annie continued. "He is one of the wealthiest and most handsome bachelors there is here in Vara let alone Sanguinem. Is there any wonder now why your mother is making such a fuss?"

Present...

As Angel ponded her fists upon the locked door, she yelled and shrieked blasphemies at the malevolent man who she came to hate excessively. In moments the door fluctuated open. Instantly she was hurled to the white wall that stood behind her by resilient hands enfolded forcefully around her throat cutting off her breath.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! HOW DARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING INTERUPING ME AND YELLING AT ME IN SUCH A MANNER?! YOU LITTLE CHICKENSH..."

The voice stopped when he saw Angel turn purple. He released his grasp causing her to slide down the wall to the ground. He heaved her up by the arms producing future bruises with his hold. He slapped her in the face repeatedly then told clasp of her hair and slammed her head in the wall. Then before Angel could take her next breath he had her neck beside his open mouth. Without another second passing away, her blood was flowing inside him. After nearly five everlasting excruciating minutes he released her. With this last blow he sauntered off, bored with her. She allowed her back to slowly slide down the now red stained white wall from blood, her blood. While she was sitting there feeling injudicious and helpless, again her mind began to drift back to those haunting memoires.