Humble Beginings

Born into a humble family, one was always subject to hostility by those of a noble birth. Instead of sitting on thrones and drinking rich wine from golden chalices, those of humble births faced reality. The land was their source of life. Not due to it being the source of their nutrition and hydration, but because without the land, no goods could be sold. No money could be made. No shelter could be bought. One would think God would show these minorities mercy as opposed to the human authorities. This was not the case. The rain did not fall softly upon their fields, the sun did not caress their faces with warmth and the wind was not at their back. Life was difficult and the pain would never cease until death reached their door.

Leuedai Lovell was a woman of a humble birth. Despite the harshness of her life, each morning she would rise from her thin mattress, greet the day with a smile and with no complaint, begin her daily routine. Her mother and sisters hated her. Not only because she was fairer than them all, but because she practiced ways of life which went against that of orthodox practices. Leuedai's father died of illness when she was merely an infant. Given the age difference from her sisters - her being older by ten years- Leuedai assumed the role of a stern 'father' figure. While her siblings and mother sat inside sewing gowns for the merchants, Leuedai would collect wood from the near forrest to make carts for the rich. This task, picked up from her father, allowed her to become one with the land. Her bare feet treaded lightly upon the Earths soil and through its gentle rivers. So gently she treaded, that animals did not fear her. Deers would not frantically flee. Instead, they would watch her from safe distances as they calmly chewed their leaves.  Being of a pious nature, she would ask for forgiveness after each swing she took at a tree. After every wound she made it suffer.

Unlike the rest of her family, Leuedai ran on faith. Her pious ways of life were the reason why many nobles were still alive.  All throughout her nineteen years of life, Leuedai was mistreated by many of higher birth. Her sisters too, as well as her mother. In times of distress and anger Leuedai sought guidance from a faith which burned brighter than the summer sun itself within her soul. Without this faith, spears of wood would be firmly fixed into the necks of many men. But greater than anger, she possessed love. Love for all, despite her vengeful impulses. The love she felt for her family was one which not even men of the cloth could challenge. She was a raging fire of love, faith and strength. She was powerful beyond measure, but this she had not yet discovered.