Werewolves 101

Chapter Twenty-Six

Werewolves 101

Richard was going to survive the gunshot wound, thankfully. Desmond used magic to repair the holes in the walls. The furniture and stairs were fixed using putty. Looking at all the damage that had been done to the house made them all realize how lucky they were that Richard was the only one to get hurt.

There were only a few days until the full moon, so the siblings sat in the living room with Richard and began going over the basics of being a werewolf. Noah and Elli sat on the couch, while Richard was crossed legged on the floor, near the currently inactive fireplace. Blake joined them before they began, sitting in an arm chair. Elli shot him a questioning glance, but he only smiled in response.

“So what do I need to know?”

Elli led the way, “Made werewolves and born werewolves are similar, but not the same.”

“Okay…?”

Noah jumped in. “Werewolves who were made don’t mate and their children are human.”

Richard laughed and rolled his eyes. “Because I’m totally going to have kids.”

Blake smirked at the reaction, but remained silent.

“Self-control is going to be really difficult for you,” Elli informed him, ignoring his comment. She could actually relate to that problem. As far as she knew, she had none.

He frowned, “What do you mean?”

“It will be a while before you have full control over when you shift. Your emotions are going to have a lot of sway in that. Also, not acting on impulses will be harder. I’m not sure Elli has ever mastered that one,” Noah said, shooting her a look. She shrugged.

“It’s harder to go rouge. It does happen, but not often. There tends to be a lot of loyalty to the Alpha who made someone a werewolf,” Elli added.

He nodded. “I can deal with that.”

“You can’t be an Alpha, not that I think that bothers you, but you should still know. Mostly, you’ll live out your life as a beta. Just another wolf in the pack,” Noah said.

“So we constitute a pack?” Richard observed.

Blake finally spoke. “Well, technically one could argue that this household already was one. You’re protective of one another and Elli seemed pretty in charge of things when I got here.”

Elli gave him a surprised look. She had noticed herself thinking of them as a pack, but she didn’t think anyone else would come across that thought.

“Technically, when she bit you, Elli made an official pack with the two of you,” Noah corrected.

“And you?” he asked. All three pairs of eyes fell on Noah as he answered.

“I could stay an Omega. I could bite someone and start my own pack. I could join Elli’s pack. I have a few options.”

“Which one will you pick?” Richard wondered.

Noah gave a small smile and said, “I don’t really feel like two of those are even actual choices. Elli knows what I’m going to do.”

Richard frowned at the lack of a real answer, but didn’t comment.

“Is that it?”

“One more thing. The full moon is tomorrow night,” Elli said.

“I know that. Why do I know that?” he responded, giving her a confused look.

She shrugged. “It’s a werewolf thing. I guess it’s a necessity.”