Chapter Eight

"What's happening?" Harry whispers to Louis. He looks at Harry before looking at the door. "Sorry, mate."

Anne is greeting the people enthusiastically. "Oh Marie, you look younger. How is that possible?" She says with a laugh. The blonde laughs at that, hugging her tightly. The man beside her is pulling Gemma for a small hug and telling her she certainly grew up to look like her mother. "Harry! Look at you! How tall have you become!" Marie lunges herself at the surprised boy who lets her hug him.

"Mrs. Griffiths." He almost whispers. She pulls back with a laugh, nodding along. "Yes dear, you remember! I thought you would have forgotten. I do look a bit dashing now, don't I?" Harry chuckles at that. His eyes land back at Mr. Will Griffiths who looked the same as before. Then behind him stood Jack. Smiling at Anne like nothing had happened. Like he hadn't left without a note.

Zayn was staring at the three, not knowing what to do. He felt awkward. But Gemma was by his side, making him feel a little more useful.

"That's Jack." She finally whispers. Zayn looks at the guy again, the one with the chestnut hair, gorgeous blue eyes and addictive smile. He was as tall as him, well built and quite handsome. "Oh." Zayn replies.

"Hi Harry." Jack finally approaches him with a smile, checking him out. "Puberty did you well. Yeah?" he adds a laugh to it. Harry doesn't think that it's funny. Jack's smile fades away too, but Anne's telling them all to get comfortable on the sofa.

"We didn't tell Harry about your arrival. Wanted to make it bit of a surprise for him." Anne tells them as they all laugh. "Who those confused handsome blokes?" Marie asks, looking at Louis and Zayn.

"Louis here," Anne places a hand on Louis' shoulder. "Is Gemma's boyfriend."

"Oh, lovely!" Marie says with a smile, her eyes landing on Zayn. "And this is Zayn. He's our neighbour, and he's a lovely lad. He's quite close to us." Anne introduces Zayn with a smile. Marie nods at that.

Jack on the other hand is looking at Zayn with an amused smile. Harry's watching him, and he doesn't like that.

"Um, I should go, I think. It's rude for me to be interrupting you guys." Zayn finally says with an awkward small laugh. Anne stops him when he's heading for the door. "Come on, don't be like that. Have tea with us. You liked the pie, didn't you?"

"If you insist." He replies.

Marie and Will ask Harry about his University. They tell him that Jack skipped his first year because he was just that lazy, and they had come back to Liverpool trying to get him somewhere. They say that Jack insisted on finding his childhood best friend and going to the same Uni as him. Harry tries to smile through that, but he's trying not to tear up in front of all these people.

"I think Jack should catch up with Harry for a bit. Yeah?" Marie suggests with a friendly smile. "He's going to be joining UCL too. Harry's going to be his senior though, that's something new." She adds with a laugh.

"Uh, yeah sure, I'll show you my room." Harry says with a friendly smile. Jack seems happy at that, getting up and following Harry upstairs. Zayn watches them disappear, and doesn't miss the glance Jack gives him. It's like he knows something it up between them. "My luck is just amazing, Louis." Zayn whispers to the bored boy beside him. Marie and Will are asking Gemma about her workplace.

"Bro, I feel terrible." Louis mutters. "I don't know; Jack seems pretty but he just pisses me off. By the way, look, Jack is here. So are we. The guys Harry Styles is totally done with. That's hilarious."

Zayn chuckles for a bit. "I wanted to tell him how I felt and this shit happens. His first actual love shows up. I thought you were going to be tough to beat, but this shit head shows up."