Chapter Seven

Zayn parks his car around the corner, pulling the hem of Liam's white t-shirt which was a little big on him. He rings the doorbell and Perrie's quick to open it. "You didn't pick up my calls." She starts off. "I was worried."

"Yeah, I got up late and I was in school..."

"You were at Jelena's birthday party?"

"Perrie..."

"Liam was there too?"

"You should listen to me, I didn't..."

"And Harry. What is this? Are you hooking up with her again? And Harry knew about this? Liam knew?"

"No. I am not hooking up with Jelena." Zayn scoffs. "She was being friendly. She told me to bring you along but it would have been awkward. So I took Liam..."

"I can't believe you." Perrie's messy bun is falling apart but she's angry. Her face is red and her Hello Kitty t-shirt is wrinkled. "After everything... you go to her birthday party. And you don't tell me. And you even take our neighbour."

Neighbour.

"I'm sorry. But nothing happened, I promise." Zayn whispers. Perrie chuckles, sitting down on the couch and gripping her phone tightly. "Do you remember Patrick, Zayn?" She asks. Zayn walks towards her with his arms crossed over his chest. "No?" Zayn replies. He can't remember anybody with that name.

"He was the guy you fooled around with. During our third year or something, I guess. Your year of sleeping around." She laughs at that. "I can't believe you didn't tell me you were bisexual. Do you remember that I even asked you once? During our last year? Just as a question and you laughed at me. Is it funny now?"

"I..." Zayn couldn't find any words to say. Why would she bring out that topic now?

"I can't..." She covers her mouth with her palm for a moment. Zayn would hug her, but she could slap him. So he stays where he is and listens with his eyes closed. "You know what you did, don't you?" She whispers. "You slept with Harry. Our neighbour. I can't believe I didn't see it, I can't..."

"How did you know?" Zayn finds himself asking.

"I happened to call Liam before you came in. Saw the picture of him with Harry's friend on Instagram. He broke down when I told him I knew what you were doing and I wasn't happy. Then he started going off about how you didn't mean to start fooling around with Harry." She's smiling, but it's definitely not a happy one. "I was stunned. I didn't say a word to him when he revealed that. He probably got the hint that I had no clue, so he dropped the call. Can't say much, Liam and you were always tight."

"Perrie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Zayn says, placing his hand on her shoulder only for her to slap it away. "Don't touch me. I can't believe you continued to fuck around after proposing to me. Do you love him, Zayn?" She asks without looking up at him. Zayn continues to look at her. He doesn't know that. He can't say anything.

"Tell me, Zayn. Do you love Harry?" Perrie asks, looking right into his eyes. Her blue eyes have lost their glow and her lips are trembling. He can't believe he did something like that to her. "I...I don't know." Zayn whispers.

Perrie looks down at her lap before grabbing her head with both of her hands. "We got engaged, like, a week ago. You cunt, we got engaged and this is what I hear from you? You're so arrogant, I do everything for you and this is what I fucking get. You give me a ring and fuck off with the young lad living beside us."

"Fuck Perrie. You didn't give me a chance. You kept on pushing me onto these stupid little charades and you invited them with us, did you have to do that? And you kept on telling me to hang out with him and..."