Chapter One

"Look," Perrie's eyes are brighter than the sun when she watches a woman around her mid-forties walk inside the house right next to her, followed by a huge crowd of people. Zayn wasn't interested, but looking at the huge crowd, he definitely was. "New neighbours. They look pretty nice; don't you think so?"

"I guess." Zayn replies. He doesn't care about the neighbours as long as there is sufficient silence around the house for his art work. He wasn't a fan of his old neighbours. The Walters pretended to be good people but everybody knew that all they wanted was free food. They didn't have children, which was great because Zayn knew that if they did have offspring, they'd definitely be Satan's spawns.

Perrie spends her entire day looking out of the window to catch a glimpse of the new people. She almost cut her finger while chopping onions. Zayn had to tell her that he'd definitely come with her when she feels like meeting them, and that's enough to make her get back into concentrating on her own life.

Zayn spends the rest of the day sketching and working on the new schedule that had been passed out to him. He liked working as a teacher, but he had to admit that the students were miserable. Preteens trying to be better than others, not talking to the 'quiet' ones because they're supposedly dangerous, and always trying to avoid the homework.

Teaching twelve year olds about colours sucked. 'Mr. Malik, you should teach higher classes. Your drawings are too good for us to imitate,' One of the quiet girls had once said in his class. He remembers it very well. He also remembers stomping to the principal's office and demanding promotion.

The principal didn't give him a promotion. He wanted to teach high school students. He wasn't a fan of teenagers either, but 23-year-old Zayn Malik had big plans. He had to start somewhere and build his way up. Perrie's right by his side, making sure he's alive and eating well. He couldn't thank this woman enough.

He's thinking about Liam's upcoming engagement party which was on a Friday, when their doorbell goes off. The speed at which Perrie rushes to the door is incredible. By the time she's opening the door, Zayn's isolating himself in their master bedroom. He always does it and Perrie doesn't even care anymore.

"Oh hello," He could hear Perrie's loud and cheerful voice from the door. He does wonder how he ended up with someone so different from him. "Yes, definitely. My boyfriend is working right now; he'd love to meet you too. You sound lovely, we'll be there." The moment Zayn hears Perrie say those words, he wonders why he doesn't have work on a Sunday evening.

The moment he hears the door close, he walks out and looks at Perrie. She's very happy, she's smiling so widely when she pulls Zayn into a hug. "Her name is Anne! She's so nice, and since we're the house who almost share a garden with her, she wants to know us better. She wouldn't steal out plants like the Walters!"

Zayn couldn't help but laugh as he puts his arms around Perrie. "Of course she wouldn't." He whispers.

Perrie Edwards met Zayn Malik during his first year in college. Zayn was 18 and reckless, trying to find a girl and himself at the same time. So many things had happened, with a great amount of fights with Liam and so many girlfriends went through his life, he finally ended up with Perrie. The girl who was by his side when the other girls left him because of his 'temper', 'laziness' or 'Zayn-ness'. Perrie knows him and he must always keep that in his mind.

Liam Payne was Zayn's roommate in college. Zayn loves this guy and is forever thankful for him for staying by his side, even when Zayn completely insulted him in every way possible. Liam is optimistic, keeps telling him that past is in the past and he always knew that Zayn would turn out to be fucking golden in the end.